PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Long Island, NY

Overtrained
06-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Just wanted to say hello to other firework enthusiast's out there. I'm thinking about pursuing an ATF type 54 license and it looks like this is a great site to come to for information. Anyone else here on the island? Dennis

magnetic pyro
06-18-2014, 12:54 PM
hey man welcome to pyro talk. Great site lots of info on here im from the island also.

Overtrained
06-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Thank you sir. I'm in nassau county, not a very fireworks friendly part haha

rtx440
06-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Just got my a.t.f license A lil bit ago. Once your pointed in the right direction its a fairly easy process.. contrary to what alota people say /rumors it is on a goverment level not state. Local permits are a diff story. But yea. Buy the d.v.d package from this site and it will give you all the answers you'll ever need. Also I reccomend find some one already shooting 1.3 and get youtself informed on it. and welcome to the site

Overtrained
06-18-2014, 04:56 PM
Just got my a.t.f license A lil bit ago. Once your pointed in the right direction its a fairly easy process.. contrary to what alota people say /rumors it is on a goverment level not state. Local permits are a diff story. But yea. Buy the d.v.d package from this site and it will give you all the answers you'll ever need. Also I reccomend find some one already shooting 1.3 and get youtself informed on it. and welcome to the site

Thank you and thats def the plan. Do you need experience with 1.3 fireworks to get the license?

PyroJoeNEPA
06-18-2014, 05:17 PM
You need experience with 1.3 so you don't kill yourself--or someone else! Hook up with a company or club & have someone mentor you. Welcome to the Forum.

PyroManiacs
06-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Dennis!

Theres another guy on here from Nesconset. Im sure he will reply.

rtx440
06-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Yes same as :PyroJoeNEPA:. experience is a must. In the months before I got mine. I went to a few 1.3 shoots with a close friend who had their a.t.f license for a few years now. Learned about some of the products and the safe usage of them And got to shoot alota Iitems. Like I said im pretty new to this my self but after educating myself I feel confident.I wouldnt just jump into this lol.

Overtrained
06-18-2014, 06:21 PM
You need experience with 1.3 so you don't kill yourself--or someone else! Hook up with a company or club & have someone mentor you. Welcome to the Forum.

Yes I understand that but I mean do you need documented use of the stuff (paperwork) to obtain the license? If i'm jumping from step 1 to step 5 i need to rethink my course of action.

Overtrained
06-18-2014, 06:21 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Dennis!

Theres another guy on here from Nesconset. Im sure he will reply.

Thank you!

Overtrained
06-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Yes same as :PyroJoeNEPA:. experience is a must. In the months before I got mine. I went to a few 1.3 shoots with a close friend who had their a.t.f license for a few years now. Learned about some of the products and the safe usage of them And got to shoot alota Iitems. Like I said im pretty new to this my self but after educating myself I feel confident.I wouldnt just jump into this lol.

I agree and sounds like the best way to go about getting some experience.

rtx440
06-18-2014, 07:19 PM
No prior experience is necessary. Just strongly suggested. But to answer your question: no proof of experience is necessary. You could apply now if you so wish, Just have ur storage plan set up. Get all your paperwork takin care of...ect..... Buy the dvd. Dave will explain it all. Good luck

Overtrained
06-18-2014, 09:28 PM
No prior experience is necessary. Just strongly suggested. But to answer your question: no proof of experience is necessary. You could apply now if you so wish, Just have ur storage plan set up. Get all your paperwork takin care of...ect..... Buy the dvd. Dave will explain it all. Good luck

Appreciate the straight forward answers. Just ordered the DVD's from Dave and ill go from there.

killer57
06-19-2014, 07:40 PM
welcome aboard :)

Overtrained
06-20-2014, 10:40 AM
welcome aboard :)

Thank you sir!

Pyro-Junkie
06-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Welcme aboard Dennis!
im out in suffolk county. a good place to start geting 1.3 experience is a pgi training class that alot of display companies give through out the year. Its good basic training and counts toward your shooter certification.
I have been looking into the 54 myself but havent worked out the details yet

Overtrained
06-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Welcme aboard Dennis!
im out in suffolk county. a good place to start geting 1.3 experience is a pgi training class that alot of display companies give through out the year. Its good basic training and counts toward your shooter certification.
I have been looking into the 54 myself but havent worked out the details yet

Very good, thanks for the reply!

Adam PA Artist
07-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Dennis welcome and im also from Nassau im working on getting my ATF 54 license. You should first join a club get more involved with some pro's try and get a PGI Certificate as-well the more experience the better. No Nassau county is not a very fireworks friendly part but i always managed to put on shows all these years.. lol Im kinda moving away from that now. Rather do my shoots in PA

Overtrained
07-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Dennis welcome and im also from Nassau im working on getting my ATF 54 license. You should first join a club get more involved with some pro's try and get a PGI Certificate as-well the more experience the better. No Nassau county is not a very fireworks friendly part but i always managed to put on shows all these years.. lol Im kinda moving away from that now. Rather do my shoots in PA

Thanks Adam, PA is the place to be for the fireworks shoot's. I never have any problems there.

Luke_Crankwalker
07-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Hey Dennis. I'm from Ronkonkoma. Have you tried signing up for a Grucci Training course? I completed mine last year and have been on a few shoots already. It's a great opportunity to shoot some big time shows out of someone else's pocket. PM me and I can send you some links to some of my videos.

-Mike