PDA

View Full Version : new to pyro talk

hannyh11
06-11-2014, 12:27 AM
hello everyone,

Dave I wanted to say thank you for all the videos it has been very useful and very informative...it's a little late for me to start my quest to get my ATF license for this year but I will be purchasing the dvd after the holiday so I can have it for next year.. however I did come across one of your videos and I did get my membership with PGI and I will be placing my first order for the 1.4 semi pro line from American fireworks..

I just wanted to mention that John has been great at American fireworks that man has patience and has answered every question I have great guy...

I do have a question regarding the pre loaded shells from dominator offers do I need tubes for those or they come in tubes already and I just need to load them on to a rack??

also any advice on firing systems my girlfriend is on my butt to get one since I have a great assortment this year she don't want me to light them by hand I have been looking at the MS32Q what do you think of that system for a beginner with firing devices...I would rather go through one of your advertisers if I can get a good price on one...please if I can get some feed back from you I would really appreciate it

PyroManiacs
06-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk Hanny!

killer57
06-11-2014, 11:08 AM
welcome aboard :)

Blam Blam
06-15-2014, 07:54 PM
I did get my membership with PGI

Did you know you have a club in Florida? If you can find a FPAG (Florida Pyrotechnic Arts Guild) they might be able to hook you up. Each year they hold an event called "4F" after the PGI Convention. I believe PGI members are welcome to attend but, it may need to be a year in which you attended Convention.

I do have a question regarding the pre loaded shells from dominator offers do I need tubes for those or they come in tubes already and I just need to load them on to a rack??

Each box of shells comes with a cardboard or HDPE tube. You'd want to attach the tube to a board or plywood to make it more stable. The number of 'boxes' in a case varies depending on what you are buying.

displayfireworks1
06-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Sorry I missed this, welcome to the forums. Thanks for that feedback, it is interesting you are in Florida and spoke with John at American Fireworks in Ohio. I would imagine it is possible to ship the Articles of Pyrotechnics.
Also glad you joined the Pyrotechnic Guild International.
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/fl/FL_8751.gif
There is a pyro club in Florida, I really do not know much about them, perhaps someone on the forums can help you.

Westpapyro
06-30-2014, 04:05 AM
also any advice on firing systems my girlfriend is on my butt to get one since I have a great assortment this year she don't want me to light them by hand I have been looking at the MS32Q what do you think of that system for a beginner with firing devices...I would rather go through one of your advertisers if I can get a good price on one...please if I can get some feed back from you I would really appreciate it
If she's paying, go with a Cobra!

PyroJoeNEPA
06-30-2014, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the Forum. The Quantumfire systems are nice "start up" firing systems.

displayfireworks1
06-30-2014, 09:00 AM
If you look at my most recent video, the people in it are using various firing systems. They all seem to get the job done. The small import ones allow you to get the feel of electrical firing without breaking the budget. Since the Cobra hit the enthusiast market it has kept the price low on the other systems.

fatcat
06-30-2014, 08:19 PM
welcome to the forum