PDA

View Full Version : Salutations from west michigan

AutumnBrook
06-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Howdy all. New to this forum. Looking for tips tricks and like minded pyros. I put on an annual show for special needs children who can not physically or mentally attend public shows. This started for my son who has Autism. But quickly grew to include many different obstacles of life.

It's a self funded show that takes place on my lawn with guests going up and down the street. The whole street has become involved. The city lets me close down our block for the show now. This year thanks to a local stores wonderful generosity I will have more fireworks then I or my home made radio shack/habitat for humanity firing system will know what to do with. Thanks to them I also won't be needing to work 7 days a week all summer and can actually do some prebuilding.

Last year I built a system with 48 cues. Expandable. This year racks, a few wheels, fans, maybe a waterfall. And thanks to the growing popularity of personal vaporizes and there for the ready supply of nicrome some super easy igniters.

So yah that me. Not quite an expert but not quite the TNT assortment type either. I welcome all advice and tips. Especially in the low noise area. Or DIY build verity.

Thank you in advance and let me know if I can help anyone.

displayfireworks1
06-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the forums, this is great we have many fireworks enthusiast from Michigan on the forums. Sounds like you have some great support for your display. I would enjoy taking a look at your home made fireworks firing system. If you have pictures or video on the internet you can easily add them here by using the little green film strip for video or the icon next to it for inserting images. I see you list your location as Grand Haven Michigan.
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/mi/MI_21824.gif
It look like you are right on the lake.
http://www.great-lakes.org/graphics-2/Grand%20Haven.jpg

PyroManiacs
06-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk, Autumn!

killer57
06-11-2014, 11:09 AM
welcome aboard :)

paperman
06-13-2014, 07:51 AM
Glad to see you. Check out www.MPAG.org for the local fireworks club in MI. We have a few members in your area.

MIpyro
06-13-2014, 11:25 AM
I just sent my application to you guys. Awesome! I hope to get accepted and learn from you guys

PyroJoeNEPA
06-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. Great thing you are doing for the kids. If I lived close to you I'd hook you up with a couple boxes of "works" for your show!