PDA

View Full Version : Hello from il

mrrober
06-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Ever since I was little I have loved fireworks. I joined this website in hopes to learn as much as I possible can about the fireworks industry and obtaining my professional licenses. I hope to one day be able to shoot spectacular displays for family and friends while still complying with all the legal procedures. I would love to hear other individual stories about how members got into the fireworks industry as I begin my journey. If you have any advice about the industry and how to obtain the proper licenses please leave a comment. Thanks!

killer57
06-09-2014, 08:05 PM
welcome aboard :)

PyroManiacs
06-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!!

rtx440
06-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Welcome. If your looking to get your a.t.f licence. I just got mine. I suggest buying daves d.v.d package available on this web site. Hell walk you through all the steps and include paperwork.. it was very helpful.

displayfireworks1
06-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Welcome to the forums, you should start by trying to work part time over the July 4th holiday for a professional fireworks company. You usually start out being labor on a crew and it goes from there. also get your CDL commercial drivers license and a Hazmat endorsement. I plan to cover this in a future video, you can get a CDL and Hazmat endorsement using your car to take the test in most states. There are people on the forums from Illinois hopefully they will message you.

Blam Blam
06-15-2014, 07:44 PM
Check out MoPyro (http://mopyro.us/) they are prolly the closest club and can likely help you a lot. While Dave's right and that getting a CDL can make you invaluable to a display company, I'd think long and hard before I took that path. A CDL is a life changer, the commercial rules (blood alcohol level, driving penalties, etc.) will always apply to you after get one.

mrrober
06-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the advice Dave. I was able to get a job with a professional pyrotechnics company over the upcoming holiday, as a labor worker. They need help with a two day set-up on the 3rd & the 4th for a show they will be shooting the night of the 4th. Hopefully this experience will get me one step closer to getting licensed, in order to eventualy shoot a legal show here in Illinois.

displayfireworks1
06-30-2014, 10:30 PM
Wow that was quick, you are going to work a professional fireworks setup over the July 4th holiday, that is great.