PDA

View Full Version : Hello from MI

PSL Doug
06-04-2014, 09:27 PM
I'm hoping to get a 54 in a couple of years and was wondering how hard was it to get. Also, does a person need to get local and state licenses?

Doug

PyroManiacs
06-04-2014, 11:29 PM
Hey PSL Doug, welcome to PyroTalk!

killer57
06-05-2014, 08:18 AM
welcome aboard :)

MIpyro
06-05-2014, 12:05 PM
I'm hoping to get a 54 in a couple of years and was wondering how hard was it to get. Also, does a person need to get local and state licenses?

Doug

hello Doug,

I'm from MI and you do not need state or local licensing. The process in pretty simple to get your license, just get the dvd package from Dave and he will walk you through the application process. It took 4 weeks from start to finish to get my license and make sure you have a contigency plan in place. Good Luck!

PyroJoeNEPA
06-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

PSL Doug
06-05-2014, 08:39 PM
hello Doug,

I'm from MI and you do not need state or local licensing. The process in pretty simple to get your license, just get the dvd package from Dave and he will walk you through the application process. It took 4 weeks from start to finish to get my license and make sure you have a contigency plan in place. Good Luck!

Do you know this for sure OR are you just guessing. Have you shot any shows off?

displayfireworks1
06-05-2014, 09:58 PM
I do not think he is 21 yet, he said in a couple of years.

rtx440
06-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Just got my 54. Only took me about 27 days and was glad I did. When you turn 21 get your storage plan set up. Buy daves d.v.d package and you should be smooth sailing from there. Welcome to pyrotalk

PSL Doug
06-05-2014, 10:26 PM
I can get it right now- just thinking of the future.

Do you need to get a local permit?

rtx440
06-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Yes I do where I live. But I live out in the country. The local police even come to my show lol so I get a local permit no problem lol. Where you live im not sure. Just go to your local police or township/county building and ask. Good luck

pyrohobie
06-06-2014, 07:01 AM
hello Doug,

I don't know where your getting your info-but where you are located you will need a local permit for discharging. That is the law.

pyrohobie
06-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Actually the 54 is pretty easy to get. One of the hardest parts in the state of Michigan is making sure your able to discharge them. You need to go to your local township supervisor and see what they require. This might require getting an insurance policy, which many of the wholesalers around the state can offer, and this might require you getting training.

Hope this helps.

MIpyro
06-06-2014, 04:39 PM
I was told that if I only do a few 1.3 cakes, say thunderkings with my 1.4 they really don't care, just as long as you are not shooting off 10 inch shells, lol

pyrohobie
06-06-2014, 05:44 PM
You better get THAT in writing BEFORE you do it. That way they will know who is doing it when someone complains(and they will).

What's the difference if it's a TK, or it's a Colorful salute, or some 1.75 salutes, and so on up the ladder. If someone files a complaint-the police have to investigate.

It's no laughing matter- it took plenty of people to get fireworks legal here in the state of Michigan. All it takes are a few going around the law and people thinking that it's ALL fireworks-when it's just a few.

PyroJW
06-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Congrats!!!