PDA

View Full Version : Crackling Time Rain Willow Stars

wizard7611
05-30-2014, 02:03 AM
First off, how are these even made? I thought that if you rolled a single crackling star with willow star composition around it, the star will make a dragon egg effect. What happens if the star has a bigger diameter? Will the crackling last for some time, or will it just crack? Not too sure about these, but here is an example:

wizard7611
05-30-2014, 02:11 AM
Sorry, I was somehow having technical issues with the website on entering the video. Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR8GMu7ZHww

Chris H
05-30-2014, 02:57 PM
If a dragon egg is too large, it will either glow and then do nothing or split into a few pieces and then each will crackle over a short period of time instead of going off in one snap or pop.

The effect you're after is a matrix star. A composition is mixed with about 25% by weight dragon eggs, mixed together, and then pumped as comets or stars. As the comet burns, dragon eggs get released gradually leading to the effect.

The effect you vaguely described with the willow composition is usually called a dragon flower. It burns dark for a while, and then explodes with a large poof of sparks or charcoal dust. Also the composition over the top is not a willow.

wizard7611
05-30-2014, 04:35 PM
Okay thanks!

wizard7611
05-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Wait, do I just make a regular star out of dragon egg micro stars?