PDA

View Full Version : Trouble posting on pyrotalk?

displayfireworks1
05-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Hello all. I am having a website issue with the pyrotalk forums.
For example you will see an error message near the top of the forums. Also, if you are using Internet Explorer you may not be able to post a comment. I am using Google Chrome to post this message and it appears to be working. This may take a few days to solve, has anyone experienced a problem?

displayfireworks1

PyroManiacs
05-22-2014, 09:27 PM
Im using Google Chrome also. No problems here.

Pyro k
05-22-2014, 10:02 PM
I just have the error message above and if I PM and log in some of the items are overlapped. This is on my iPad, Safari?

smilli
05-26-2014, 11:35 AM
No posting on Internet Explorer and a bit slow on Chrome.

displayfireworks1
05-26-2014, 11:23 PM
Hello all, I am having trouble on the forums with Internet Explorer posting comments and other features like videos etc. Google Chrome browser will at least let you post comments. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
I recently placed an order to remedy this, the pyrotalk forums will be soon be updated to newest version of VBulletin software, this premium upgrade should correct the current issues, plus it will include a mobile suite that will allow users of mobile devices to post on the forums. I know many people now use their phones to surf the internet. In addition I will also be adding a new section on the pyrotalk main website, I should be announcing this new section in three weeks. I expect the pyrotalk forums upgrade to happen in the next 7 days. I am posting this to let everyone know i am ware of the issues and will do what it takes to correct them. Thanks for making the best of things until these changes occur.
Dave displayfireworks1 pyrotalk.com

PuroJon
05-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Today when I posted to a thread it , using Chrome, it flashed an error message and gave me the "can't post for another 30 mins..." or something like that. But it was my first post in a week or so, and it DID post the message - but told me that it didn't 'cause I was posting too much.

PuroJon
06-01-2014, 01:44 PM
This error is at the top of every page, hidden in the dark area above the logo:

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: banner in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4591

Blam Blam
06-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Yup and posting in Internet Explorer and Firefiox are no goes. Viewing in Firefox is cruddy too. I've switched to using Chrome and things seem to work fairly well, albeit not perfect.

displayfireworks1
06-03-2014, 12:56 AM
I appreciate everyone patience with the current issues on the forums. I am in communication with the people helping with the upgrade process, hopefully in the next few days we can correct things. To complicate matters here in Pennsylvania last week we had a severe thunderstorm with lightening , it took out one of my computers. I am posting this with google Chrome, I normally use IE. Pyrotalk.com is a very complex site, from time to time issues pop up, plus I am adding in another soon to announced section on the main website. That should be done by June 16. Thanks for hanging in there.

displayfireworks1
06-03-2014, 09:33 AM
I am posting this comment using Internet Explorer. The error at the top of the page is gone. All browsers should now support posting. This is at least corrected. Thanks again

PyroManiacs
06-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Google chrome error is gone as well.

Pyro k
06-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Safari is cleared up for me

PyroJoeNEPA
06-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Working fine with Firefox Dave.

Blam Blam
06-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Yup, error went away as soon as I logged in.