PDA

View Full Version : Hello From The Mitten

MIpyro
05-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Hello Everyone...Just obtained my type 54 a couple weeks ago and hopefully can start incorporating some 1.3g products with my 1.4 I do every year. Just hoping I do not have to have millions in insurance to just shoot for 1 day and permits up the whazoo, LOL! Does anyone know Michigan Law? Glad to be a part of this forum and look forward to learning new things and meeting new people here. Thank you Dave for helping me obtain my type 54. Great videos and great advice on how to be safe and do things the right way.

PyroManiacs
05-19-2014, 10:50 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

PuroJon
05-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Welcome! You might consider contacting whatever 1.3g vendor you got contingency with and ask about the insurance and permits. In example, I believe that Kellner's offers economical insurance riders and know that some other wholesale outfits do as well. Might be cheaper than you first think.

MIpyro
05-20-2014, 01:15 PM
awesome! Thank you.

PyroJoeNEPA
05-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Another area to look into is what pyro club is in your area. Most clubs have a "club policy" that allows for members to be under their umbrella coverage wise--usually for a small fee. Worth looking into...and it's a good idea to hook up with a club just to meet like minded people & develop some "pyro pals".

Diesel1
05-20-2014, 08:07 PM
Welcome. Where in Michigan you located?

MIpyro
05-21-2014, 09:52 AM
Welcome. Where in Michigan you located?

Im located in Belleville/Canton

MIpyro
05-21-2014, 09:53 AM
Another area to look into is what pyro club is in your area. Most clubs have a "club policy" that allows for members to be under their umbrella coverage wise--usually for a small fee. Worth looking into...and it's a good idea to hook up with a club just to meet like minded people & develop some "pyro pals".

Im really thinking about doing this. Might be cheaper than a 1 day policy premium..lol! Thank you

displayfireworks1
06-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Congratulations on receiving your ATF license. If I remember correctly consumer fireworks are legal in most parts of Michigan. Just because you have an ATF license does not mean you need to buy 6 inch display shells. If I lived in Michigan I would purchase some "Baby B" cakes and add those into my regular consumer display. For example shoot a 1.4 consumer display and finish with a case or two of Thunder Kings. Is it all legal and proper who knows? Remember you are at least a properly licensed individual. I tell people sometimes if you wait for everyone involved to say it is ok to shoot your fireworks you may have to wait a long time.

PyroJW
06-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Welcome!!!

h2opyro
06-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Hello Everyone...Just obtained my type 54 a couple weeks ago and hopefully can start incorporating some 1.3g products with my 1.4 I do every year. Just hoping I do not have to have millions in insurance to just shoot for 1 day and permits up the whazoo, LOL! Does anyone know Michigan Law? Glad to be a part of this forum and look forward to learning new things and meeting new people here. Thank you Dave for helping me obtain my type 54. Great videos and great advice on how to be safe and do things the right way.

Lol hey man, another MI pyro! thinkin' about getting my license so I checked up on it. btw looks like u need insurance and a permit to shoot 1.3 in Michigan. check out the law: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(v00jas55zals1oeu1ujvryie))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-28-466 pretty easy though to understand.

Hopefully I can make getting a license worth it. Let us know what u get!

MIpyro
06-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Congratulations on receiving your ATF license. If I remember correctly consumer fireworks are legal in most parts of Michigan. Just because you have an ATF license does not mean you need to buy 6 inch display shells. If I lived in Michigan I would purchase some "Baby B" cakes and add those into my regular consumer display. For example shoot a 1.4 consumer display and finish with a case or two of Thunder Kings. Is it all legal and proper who knows? Remember you are at least a properly licensed individual. I tell people sometimes if you wait for everyone involved to say it is ok to shoot your fireworks you may have to wait a long time.

you are right, I will be waiting a very long time. I am doing a 1.4 show and ending it with a 100 shot salute cakes that goes in 12 seconds..lol! can't wait!

MIpyro
06-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Lol hey man, another MI pyro! thinkin' about getting my license so I checked up on it. btw looks like u need insurance and a permit to shoot 1.3 in Michigan. check out the law: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(v00jas55zals1oeu1ujvryie))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-28-466 pretty easy though to understand.

Hopefully I can make getting a license worth it. Let us know what u get!

its pretty much impossible to get a permit unless u have about 3 grand or more to spend on insurance here in MI. I have contacted the township 4 times and they just never call me back so I am just gonna throw a few B cakes into the show and let em fly, lol! It will actually be cheaper to get fined than it is to get insurance.