PDA

View Full Version : Fuse rumors

displayfireworks1
05-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Fuse rumors

As I get out and about in the pyrotechnic world people in the business tell me various things, some are factual some are rumors. Let me run one by you and please feel free to comment.
The latest word I am getting is, fuse is soon to be under attack in United Sates. I am talking about various forms of Visco fuse, high on the list is precut Visco fuse often marketed as "For assemblers" , elsewhere is other forms of Visco. I am talking about a roll of standard Visco.
There are countries outside of United States that forbid the sale of fuse, perhaps United States is trying to adopt this. If you think about it, what is fuse used for by the average person?
Does anyone have any information they would like to share?
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/_Z_nRWRw6qI/maxresdefault.jpg

AZ Pyro
05-14-2014, 12:10 AM
Here is the only thing I found in regards to a fuse ban.

Even if you are not a fireworks maker, but are a buyer of sparklers or
consumer fireworks, I urge you to read this as well. You too should be
vitally concerned. It is not at all inconceivable that even*tually our
ability to buy and use consumer fireworks in this country may come to a
screeching halt. Even your ability to shoot a simple backyard show on July
4th could be seriously reduced by the CPSC's proposed limits on the sale of
any fuse to you to 25 feet per year.

http://www.cannonfuse.com/store/pc/Donate-to-Fireworks-Defense-Fund-d1.htm

pyromaniac
05-15-2014, 09:53 AM
I haven't heard anything. If anything I have been seeing more and more pyro related shit coming up for sale all over the net. If you go look on Ebay you will see you can actually buy Ematches direct from China! I wouldn't order them, but plenty of people have. I bet the people in the "fuse game" are the ones behind the rumors. Nothing sparks some sales like a little panic buying. Now let me see some retailers close or stop selling some certain products. You bet your ass I'll be buying a 5000ft roll of visco! :cool:

PyroManiacs
05-15-2014, 05:56 PM
You bet your ass I'll be buying a 5000ft roll of visco! :cool:

Totally agree!