PDA

View Full Version : Guess where I am

displayfireworks1
05-03-2014, 11:44 PM
For something fun see if you can guess where I am. Tomorrow I am going to video tape one of my next videos
Her are some clues.
I got here by vehicle in 8 hours.

I am in a new time zone . One hour earlier aka turn clock back one hour.

Very close to me , I drove past a airport that had close to 100 corporate jets parked for a major event that occurred today. Saturday

What state I am in and what will i video
displayfireworks1

PGH_Pyro
05-03-2014, 11:50 PM
Kentucky , the bluegrass state ...

Grumps
05-04-2014, 05:14 AM
Louisville, KY, at the Kentucky Derby, Churchill Downs.

displayfireworks1
05-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Very good , yesterday we drove past the Louisville Kentucky Airport , I never saw so many corporate jets parked at one airport. I traveled down to Leitchfield Kentucky. We watched the Kentucky Derby in the hotel room. I am getting a one in a lifetime treat at the hotel. Since the hotel was remodeled we are the very first guest to stay in a room where everything is new. How often does that happen in your life when you travel? The left front wheel of my truck is making a strange noise. I probably should have driven my car down instead of the truck.
We stopped at a rest area in Kentucky and learned a little about bourbon. In around 1962 United States passed a law stating to use the name “Bourbon” it has to be made in United States. Currently, I believe all bourbon is made in the state of Kentucky. We also found out one of the more popular bourbon’s “Makers Mark” is now owned by the Chinese. Makers Mark is the bourbon bottle with the red wax seal on the opening. I stopped at a liquor store to buy a bottle. Funny think the town I am in is dry. I had to drive 10 mile to the next county to find a liquor store. I meet the owner told him a little about me. He said he just received his Kentucky permit to sell fireworks and did I know anyone that can supply him with fireworks to sell. We laughed and said I think selling alcohol and fireworks is a good marketing strategy. He commented people that buy alcohol like to party. And, people that party like to buy fireworks. LOL I wish I would have got some of him on video. He was character. He is in a back room looking at his surveillance camera with his skinny girlfriend sitting next to him. The store was a large metal building out in the middle of nothing.
Today the plan is to visit and video one of my advertisers Nite Lites aka Little China Fireworks. If you refresh through the pyrotalk pages you will eventually see the Nite Lites banner pop up. If you click on it you will his catalog list of 1.4 items. He does not have a website and does things the old fashion way. It should be a fun day.
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/ky/KY_4113.gif

PGH_Pyro
05-04-2014, 11:34 AM
sounds fun . rye whiskey is quite good, too .