PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new in New Hampshire

bradlee311
04-28-2014, 02:08 AM
Hey guys, new to the site. Just moved up here from Rhode Island where we can't buy/shoot anything aerial. I use to drive up here to Hooksette fireworks once every few years just for a trunk load of random stuff for fun. Living here now i've taken a much larger interest. I just bought my first firing system and am in the process of building my first mortar racks. Fireworks have been hobby since age 10 or so. Wouldn't mind making some other NH pyro enthusiest friends. Also wondering if Hooksette is the place to buy up here? Seems to be much cheaper than most competitors from what i've seen....

Cheers*
-Brad

Pyro Nation
04-28-2014, 03:45 AM
Well, Welcome to the forum Brad... glad you found us here!

PyroManiacs
04-28-2014, 10:25 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk, Brad!

Wholesale Fireworks
04-28-2014, 03:20 PM
Brad,
Welcome to Pyro talk. If you are looking for some fellow pyros, definitely check out the NHPA http://www.nhpyro.org/ These guys have a great club and are very knowledgeable. As a matter of fact they just completed a group purchase with us. By being part of a club you have the advantage of buying as a large group and it helps with discounts and shipping cost.
In regards to Hooksett Fireworks, I know the owner personally and she works hard to have a big selection of product at great retail prices. I have been to her store and I definitely liked what I saw last time I was up that way. Once again welcome, and never hesitate to contact us if you ever need anything.

displayfireworks1
04-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks for that comment Ray; I wish more of my advertisers were involved in the forums. I try to tell my video subscribers do not limit your purchasing fireworks to geographic parameters. In other words, you do not have to buy fireworks at the closest store within driving distance. Consider buying fireworks and having them shipped to the state you live in. Many of my consumer fireworks advertisers including wfboom.com (Wholesale Fireworks Hubbard Ohio) will ship fireworks to you. It is not as much fun as going to the store and looking at all the pretty labels and picking items one at a time, however it may save you some time and money. If you can get your budget up (usually over $1000.00) and buy case selections, you will find it opens up many options.
I am not an expert on shipping fireworks however; my experience has been if you pick up the fireworks at the truck depot, it saves you money. Sometimes residential addresses cost more for shipping. In addition, not everyone wants their neighbors to see a truck pull up unloading cases of boxes with 1.4 orange stickers.
The way the laws in United States are established, it is easier for you to purchase fireworks out of state than within your own state. Just remember, you will be required to sign a paper stating you will follow the rules in your state once you receive the 1.4 fireworks. The people that sell fireworks require this. Once you sign this, it shifts the responsibility to you.

killer57
04-28-2014, 06:26 PM
welcome aboard :)

bradlee311
04-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Nice, thanks for all the information guys. I've had a few people mention the NHPA to me as well. Any thoughts on the PGI? Seems like it's only beneficial if you're able to make the trip out to their seminars/camps

Quackaddict77
04-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Welcome aboard Brad I agree with looking into the NHPA which I am a member and they are a great group of guys . What part of RI are you from as I live there .

bradlee311
04-29-2014, 10:58 PM
I grew up in west warwick/coventry area. But for the last 10 years or so I lived in and around providence working as a bartender. Actually there's a strong chance you've been served a drink by me haha, I worked all over the city.

Quackaddict77
04-30-2014, 08:49 AM
that's coo l hope to see meet you at a shoot