PDA

View Full Version : Arizona's law changed

AZ Pyro
04-23-2014, 08:01 PM
The original fireworks bill signed into law by Gov. Brewer in 2010 had some loopholes that were taken advantage of, everybody thought it banned cakes, crackers, and shells which it did not. It also allowed cities to prohibit use, that changed last night. The new law bans cakes, shells and crackers as well as other items, but now people in more than 30 cities can legally light up from June 24th - July 6th and Dec 24th - Jan 3rd. I would consider it a win.

Later this year we elect a new Governor and the most likely winner has already said he would support allowing cakes, reloadables and crackers so we will see how TNT and possibly Walmart handle this.

Pyro Nation
04-24-2014, 12:52 AM
I would consider that a win for sure... If only PA would allow this..lol

Pyro@Mach13
04-24-2014, 08:25 AM

They do, it is not hard to get a permit in the area I shoot in. Is your area tough? Time to take that AHJ out to dinner. 8-)

PGH_Pyro
04-24-2014, 02:46 PM
I wonder which of these new PA. governor candidates are pyro-friendly ?
I know that a couple of them are medical marijuana / marijuana de-criminalization friendly but hmmm ...
I have personally suggested to Pittsburgh's new mayor that he look into making aerial pyro (or at least crackers) legal for things like Memorial Day / July 4th / New Year's Eve / etc. No reply, yet .

AZ Pyro
04-24-2014, 07:18 PM

I think in the near future Arizona will open up to more stuff, NM, NV and UT all have full C line available so its only a matter of time. Being that PA like AZ has surrounding states that sell pretty much everything I would imagine PA will open to more as well.