PDA

View Full Version : destructive device in a public place?

displayfireworks1
04-18-2014, 10:39 PM
I am posting this news report for my friend outside of United States. When we see sporting events in some countries some fans ignite incendiary devices , often the red flares. I always say if someone starts doing this at a sporting event in United States you will be a world of trouble. Here is a recent example.
(04-18) 16:49 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- A San Francisco Giants fan accused of throwing a firework onto a walkway at AT&T Park on Wednesday night pleaded not guilty Friday to serious charges leveled by city prosecutors.

Paolo Pavone, 21, of San Bruno was charged with possession of a destructive device in a public place and possession of an incendiary device, both felonies, as well as with a misdemeanor count of discharging a dangerous firework.

Witnesses reported seeing a man sitting in the outfield bleachers, wearing a Giants hat and orange jacket, throw a large firecracker that looked like an M-80 into a group of people standing in the concourse near the Coors Light concession stand. The Giants were playing the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Giants security officers detained Pavone shortly after and he was booked into county jail. He was originally arrested on suspicion of willfully discharging an explosive and causing mayhem or great bodily injury, a more severe charge that prompted his bail to be set at more than $2 million.
This would really be funny if it was one of those 50mg M-88 maxi-pops

displayfireworks1
04-24-2014, 08:46 PM
Listen to how much his bail is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZrdaogOHcs

PGH_Pyro
04-24-2014, 08:51 PM
this ultimately amounts to stupidity and bad judgement, this guy bringing a cracker like that to such a high profile public event .
how drunk was he , I wonder ?
whew. 1.2 million $$$ bail . this is life, post-Boston marathon with the alleged fireworks involvement in those bombs.

Niceshellsdude
04-24-2014, 09:08 PM
What this guy did was incredibly stupid. No Doubt. 1.2 million bail....that is very steep.

Pyro@Mach13
04-25-2014, 04:33 PM
A M80 is not fireworks, wrong again news reporter.

boo2blue
04-26-2014, 10:21 PM
This would really be funny if it was one of those 50mg M-88 maxi-pops

It probably was lol, in California they think that 50mg crackers are m-80s! The California fire Marshals are completely uneducated about the things that they made illegal, I saw an illegal fireworks demonstration in Cali, and they thought winda heavyweight canister shells were quarter sticks, and they thought consumer festival balls were 1.3g, and they thought an m-80 was as powerful as dynamite, but the funniest was they thought that a world class m-5000 consumer firecracker would blow your arm off! Haha they have no damn idea what they are talking about :confused: