PDA

View Full Version : Kellners Racks

UniversalPyro
04-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Hi, i need to know if anyone has Kellners 3inch Mortar Racks. I want to buy (7 racks, 10 Mortars each) but want to see how they hold up. they are at a great price compared to others out there. Also i notice they have fiberglass mortars in them, and i want to know if that is really a concern than the other type of mortar material out there. let me now please if you have them and how they hold up.:cool:

J's12talk
04-14-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm sure Kellner's racks are OK. I would stick with HDPE mortars. Building your own racks is always cheaper unless you cut a finger off on the table saw. Try Pyro Direct for prices before you buy. I don't know what you have for racks already just keep in mind that you will want a variaty of sizes, you will get bored with 3" shells quickly. Although 3" salutes never grow old.

UniversalPyro
04-15-2011, 10:57 AM
well i did check with pyrodirect and they were alot more. I also have a set or racks for 4" and 5" shells. I thought i would buy enough so when i buy a case of them i can shoot all of them. I figured the 3" shells could be the beginners to shows and in between cakes or while cakes are going off. They are pretty cheap.
What kind of set of mortars do you have?

J's12talk
04-15-2011, 11:31 AM
well i did check with pyrodirect and they were alot more. I also have a set or racks for 4" and 5" shells. I thought i would buy enough so when i buy a case of them i can shoot all of them. I figured the 3" shells could be the beginners to shows and in between cakes or while cakes are going off. They are pretty cheap.
What kind of set of mortars do you have?
8-2 1/2" 10shots, 6-3" 10shots, 4-4" 10shots, 2-5" 5shots, 2-6" 5shots, 2-8" singles. I shoot for a company and can borrow whatever racks I need if I do a regular shoot. The racks I own are for club open shoots.

UniversalPyro
04-15-2011, 01:38 PM
That sounds like a good setup...im not sure if ill get into the 6" or 8" shells, first time shooting this year, but maybe in the future i will upgrade.