PDA

View Full Version : Dominator semi-pro 1.4g

J's12talk
04-13-2011, 12:30 PM
For those that are interested in the Dominator "Articles of Pyrotechnics" line Americanfireworks.com will be shooting a variaty of them at their Demo on April 23rd. I will be there around noon, if anyone wants to meet up.

UniversalPyro
04-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Where is this exactly?

J's12talk
04-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Where is this exactly?

Go to americanfireworks.com for all Demo information. It's in Hudson Ohio, south and east of Cleveland near route 80

wpman321
04-13-2011, 11:06 PM
J I am going to be there around 5:30-6:00pm I have never been to their demo I was a shooters assistant for them last year and I signed up for a couple days this year. I would be glad to meet you!

J's12talk
04-14-2011, 10:00 AM
J I am going to be there around 5:30-6:00pm I have never been to their demo I was a shooters assistant for them last year and I signed up for a couple days this year. I would be glad to meet you!
I'll see you there, John has some solid products.

pyromaniac
04-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Does anyone know what requirements Ohio residents need in order to purchase the pro line? If their anything like Kellner's Boss slice cakes, its going to vary from state to state. I heard Dave mention something about it in a video once, but I think he was talking only about PA residents. Thanks

J's12talk
04-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Does anyone know what requirements Ohio residents need in order to purchase the pro line? If their anything like Kellner's Boss slice cakes, its going to vary from state to state. I heard Dave mention something about it in a video once, but I think he was talking only about PA residents. Thanks

The basic requirements needed to buy the pro line are either, a state shooters license, or P.G.I. certification, or a ATF permit. Being that you are a resident of Ohio might add to the problem. You might have to be an out of state resident or have a permit. Call John at American Fireworks, he should be able to answer that question. 330-289-8750

il_pyro_fan
04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
I thought the 1.4 pro much like the B.O.S.S from Kellner's required an ATF......not just a PGI cert? Or does it vary from State to State? May not be right thread for this but planning on getting to Kellners in May and not being from PA, Ohio, if that would let me put together a nice "custom" cake that would be outstanding.....I did notice on Kell web that the salutes for the BOSS do require ATF cert/license whatever term the goverment is throwing out any more....

J's12talk
04-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I thought the 1.4 pro much like the B.O.S.S from Kellner's required an ATF......not just a PGI cert? Or does it vary from State to State? May not be right thread for this but planning on getting to Kellners in May and not being from PA, Ohio, if that would let me put together a nice "custom" cake that would be outstanding.....I did notice on Kell web that the salutes for the BOSS do require ATF cert/license whatever term the goverment is throwing out any more....

Kellners require a state shooters license to purchase the B.O.S.S, systems color rows and a type 54 permit for the salute rows. American fireworks wants a state shooters license, or P.G.I. certification, or type 54 permit, there are no salutes in the Dominator semi pro line.

il_pyro_fan
04-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Ok I just watched Dave's Video on this system on the front page and all I am going to say is that Frigging Rocked.....Dave please tell me I heard you correctly that I can purchase the BOSS system except for salutes as a consumer? If that is so I will be getting a variety of these items......I just watched the videos again and even the lady speaking to you says these can be consumer purchased, was she correct also... .Sorry for the small hi-jack but the vid of those things looked outstanding......

Dave again thanks for the information......

:D

Pyro Nation
04-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Yes, u can by the BOSS system all except the salutes

J's12talk
04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
You need a state license or permit to buy the B.O.S.S.

il_pyro_fan
04-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Ok what the heck is needed for someone who is not from Ohio or Pa. Reason I am asking is if you watch Daves video he speaks to someone who sounds as if they are from Kellners who says that the BOSS can purchased except for the salutes. so who is right Dave or what . I am planning to go to Kelners in May and some of the fan cakes would make for a great addition to the show

J's12talk
04-20-2011, 09:19 PM
The B.O.S.S. system is great, just don't trust the connectors. When I went there last year I handed them my state shooters license and was told that it qualified me for the B.O.S.S. except the salutes. I will call tomorrow to varify what they mean by having to have a state license or permit. If American fireworks wants shooting credentials I can't see Kellners not wanting something also. If I have mislead anyone I will apologize tomorrow.

il_pyro_fan
04-20-2011, 10:05 PM
J Dave posted a video on the BOSS and he never mentions needing a cert he even mentions that it can be purchased except for salutes. I too am just looking for accurate info as well. Thnx for all the help in figuring this out

J's12talk
04-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Talked to Kellners today about the B.O.S.S. system. Depending on the state your from you need either a state shooters license or a state own and possess license, example; PA. requires a state shooters license, NY. requires a state own and possess. As far as a permit angle it can't be a backyard shoot permit it has to be an event permit.I hope this will help clarify things.

il_pyro_fan
04-23-2011, 03:00 PM
J thanks for the clarification, Dave if you are monitoring this could you please change your video, had my hopes up for a visit to Kellner's in a couple of weeks......Thanks again.