PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Holland!

Pyrodise
03-26-2014, 05:43 PM
Hi there,

My name is Pyrodise, 42 years and I'm a Dutch fireworks fan. This started when I was a kid and it never stopped. To set off fireworks in the Netherlands it's only legal for one day, December 31st. The remainder of the year we are not allowed to set off a single cracker. In case you're really passionate about fireworks you start to look for alternatives; official fireworks displays, video's and countries with other rules. Six years ago I saw a video of 'Fallas the Valencia' in Spain. I was flabbergasted by the quality, variety and amounts of fireworks... Since that visit I returned every year. In 2013 I added a trip tot Tarragona where I enjoyed a fireworks competition. The display of the winner (Valenciana) was really one of the best shows I witnessed live.

Another passion of me is shooting video's. So I combined these two passions and made some fireworks video's. To share them with you and to relive the pyrodise moments myself over and over again. If you like you can take a peek. Just check my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/pyrodise. I'm pretty sure you find something you like.

Greetz Pyrodise

PyroJoeNEPA
03-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Welcome to the Forum Pyrodise. You are fortunate to be able to go to Valencia for the "Fallas". Here in the states we watch the videos from Sapin, Malta, Italy, etc. & "drool"! However, we do have many states here that allow us to shoot off fireworks. Some places in the country are better than others. I look forward to sitting back & watching all of your videos when time allows.

Pyrodise
03-26-2014, 06:13 PM
Thanks for your welcome PyroJoeNEPA! Fallas is really great, but I've seen some stunning video's from the USA, including a fireworks workshop, where you are allowed to make your own fireworks and shoot it yourself. That one is definitely on my bucketlist.

killer57
03-26-2014, 09:02 PM
welcome aboard :)

PyroManiacs
03-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!!!

displayfireworks1
03-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Thank you for joining the discussion forums. I looked at your videos, I particularly liked the "Lap of Honour" video, it is always nice to see how pyro-technicians are treated in various parts of the world. Please post and tells us more about your videos. I enjoy having people from all over the world on the forums.
Being from United States I am sometimes confused with the geographic terms of Netherlands and Holland.
Holland is a region and former province located on the western coast of the Netherlands. The name Holland is also frequently used as a pars pro toto to refer to the whole of the country of the Netherlands. This usage is generally accepted, but some individuals, particularly from the other parts of the Netherlands, dislike the use of "Holland" as a substitute for "the Netherlands".
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/69/Holland_position.svg/250px-Holland_position.svg.png
http://personalexcellence.co/blog/images/holland-map.gif

PGH_Pyro
03-27-2014, 10:58 AM
i spent some time in Amsterdam years ago . cool city . nice people. good cheese . cool canals running through the 'centrum' of the city . very old world . and damn - the Rembrandt/etc paintings ... mind-blowing . i gotta get back there sometime .

Pyrodise
03-28-2014, 06:33 PM
Hi displayfireworks1, it's nice to read you enjoyed the 'Lap of Honour' video. After the mascletą's that are on the town square in Valencia from march 1st until march 19th, the crowd pushes away the safety fences and cheer enthusiastically towards the pyro-technicians. The Spanish people are very expressive, so it's fantastic to experience that moment every single time. They wave back happy, satisfied and proud, as they should be.

Concerning the Holland / Netherlands matter your explanation given is correct. Holland consist out of two provinces: Noord-Holland (North), where Amsterdam is located) and Zuid-Holland (South) where Rotterdam and The Hague are located. In total there live 6,2 million people in these two provinces alone on a surface of 2900 square mile. Rather crowded...

This weekend I will make an edit of my favorite Spanish pyrotech company; Valenciana. They had a nice show on march 17th in Valencia. They have a bit more aggressive show compared to the 'Nit the Foc' video. They use a balanced combination of Italian and Spanish fireworks and they know how to wow the audience. They always know to surprise me in a certain way. By combinations, a big finale or new effects. I hope you will like it too.

Pyrodise
03-28-2014, 06:44 PM
Amsterdam is certainly a nice city PGH_Pyro. If I had to pick a favorite city in Europe, it would be Rome. In case you like the 'old world', art, and 'good food', this is your city. It's one big open-air museum.

smilli
04-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Hello Pyrodise welcome to Pyrotalk!

Pyrodise
04-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Thank you Smilli!