PDA

View Full Version : Fuse cutting

indianahx
04-13-2011, 10:27 AM
I thought I would put this thread in the display section because I'm mainly concerned with the quickmatch/BP being effected by this....

For cutting fuse, I know that the whole "great scissors debate" has been tossed around quite a bit. I've heard that the scissors would probably not be best because of the cross-cut shearing action made by the scissors, thereby causing friction yada yada yada.

I am an electrician by trade and was wondering if a pair of side-cuts or angle-cut pliers would be an alternative to this as there would be no shearing of any sort??? Does anyone have any idea on that, or any experience? Just thought about it, and for me, personally, it would be more advantageous as I've always got a pair or two laying around.

Pyro Nation
04-13-2011, 05:20 PM
I have used electrician scissors doing cutting of fuse / quickmatch. People I have discussed with said to use either electrician scissors or a simple knife

pyro man 205
04-28-2011, 12:19 PM
i used small side cuters my self.

mici59
04-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Ive used the Klein Electrician scissors for years. Never had an issue. Plus the little wire stripper on the side of them is handy for electrical shows.