PDA

View Full Version : Small Time Display Operators

displayfireworks1
02-07-2014, 05:53 PM
I received a confidential report that there is some surveillance going on in regard to small time display operators. The issue is running loaded trucks with no placards and not carrying the proper amount of commercial vehicle insurance for explosive cargo.
Remember if you sell just one fireworks display you need to follow the same rules the large display companies follow. If you are not in commerce (personal use fireworks) most of these rules do not apply to you.

pyrola
02-08-2014, 10:23 PM
It's about time!

displayfireworks1
02-09-2014, 09:39 AM
I should have also added I was told they know who all of them are to. The little bit I know about this is the more you undercut the big boys so to speak, the more attention you draw to yourself. If you are shooting displays that are so low budget no one wants them that's one thing. If you try to move in on the yearly 5 to 10k displays, you have to be ready to play by the same rules. At the same time if the large display companies would increase the pay a little bit to the shooters , it would deter some of this. I plan on covering some of what it takes to be in the display business in a future video project.

pyrola
02-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Display companies, whether large or small, who play by the rules and regulation have to put tremendous amounts of effort and resources to stay compliant. I find it refreshing that people who are not playing by the rules are getting exposed. The reason why they can do a show for little money is they don't have to spend money to be compliant. This drives down the overall cost of fireworks displays and that isn't good for anyone int he business.