PDA

View Full Version : $30K in illegal fireworks seized

displayfireworks1
02-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Below are links to a legal case I was following in Pennsylvania. From what I see it looks like a local business was selling consumer fireworks in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is a ground base fountain and novelty only state. If you read the media reports and listen to the Pennsylvania State Police reports they really hype this story up. This occurred before just before the July 4th holiday. I believe my research to be correct when I report on one the two people involved in this received probation and a fine of only $1,185.00. Most of these cost are various court and administrative fees. My research is as long as someone is selling only consumer grade fireworks, most of these cases do not amount to much no matter how much the media sensationalize them.
http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/img/photos/2013/07/02/5e/ed/5-vindcoillegalfireworks.jpg
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/30k-illegal-fireworks-seized-indiana-county/nYbpG/

matandch
02-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Pa authorities usually do not aggressively pursue class c fireworks violations. They only seem to do so in response to a complaint. Maybe the complaint even came from a licensed Pa dealer who felt cheated by the rogue fireworks business.

jknepp1954
02-06-2014, 06:26 AM
I had heard about this about the time it happened. possible complaint as matanch said ...
There use to be a legal S&S sales location in that general area for a couple years - maybe folks thought it was the same thing until....?

PyroJoeNEPA
02-06-2014, 09:45 AM
I wonder what will become of the "evidence"? & how many pieces ended up in troopers backyard barbecue shows? I sure hope the state isn't going to spend a ton of our tax money to have EOD "safely detonate" the product!!!

Rocketshooter
02-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Looks like most of the product was from Kellners.

PGH_Pyro
02-10-2014, 04:45 PM
good to see they aren't sending the guy to the electric chair / water-board / etc .
the neighborhood I live in has a lot of cops/fire fighters and yet on the 4th/N.Y.E./Memorial Day / etc, the amount of fireworks being used makes it look like bit of a war-zone and I have not seen any of the cops flipping out about it .