PDA

View Full Version : Stakes or boards?

blown2bits
04-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Ok I have a wedding for a buddy I am doing, and I have 14 200g cakes, 16 500 gram cakes, plus some 150 shells. I have to haul all my racks to the show with the fireworks, so should I just use wooden stakes and duct tape the cakes to them that way I don't have to bring more wood. My truck has a shell on it so I am very limited in space and I don't want to rent a trailer. Are there any techniques for using stakes and cakes angled?

Pyro Nation
04-11-2011, 03:05 PM
When limited on space I use wood stakes or rebar to hold them depending on there size and shape.

fireworkfan503
04-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Ok I have a wedding for a buddy I am doing, and I have 14 200g cakes, 16 500 gram cakes, plus some 150 shells. I have to haul all my racks to the show with the fireworks, so should I just use wooden stakes and duct tape the cakes to them that way I don't have to bring more wood. My truck has a shell on it so I am very limited in space and I don't want to rent a trailer. Are there any techniques for using stakes and cakes angled?

since your limited on space I would go on ahead and do the stakes just make sure you duck tape everything down though you may want to bring the wood in case because I know some of those 500g cakes are big and I don't think the stakes would hold them in case something happens

StormY
04-13-2011, 11:52 PM
There ya go, 2 votes for stakes. I'd go for stakes also, if I were limited for space, so that makes 3 of us. Stakes should be safe enough, just duck tape them all around good. And ^^ What he said, but if you're bring the extra wood anyways, might as well go ahead and make board. Just stack everything in your truck before you glue them down to the board and what not, and see how it all fits. If it doesn't then you're obviously going to have to go with the stakes. Good luck!

Thumpjunkey
04-14-2011, 07:58 AM
I always use a least 2 stakes and duck tape for little cakes. For 1.3 cakes and big 1.4 cakes I use 1x6 on the sides of the cake and 1x6 laid flat and nail to the side 1x6 in the front and back of the cake. Hope that makes sense.

blown2bits
04-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Thats a great idea using the the 1x6, i am going to have to make the boards at the shooting location, I have around 12 racks I have to pack into the truck too, so I may just rent a smal Uhaul if I can't pack it all in, but do have the tetris queen(my soon to be wife) coming with me also so there is a big advantage.