PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks laws and misconceptions

Zenith
01-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Hello out there,

Laws pertaining to fireworks and pyrotechnics contradict each other with confusion,loopholes and seem to constantly change according to personal opinion with a bunch of distorted facts added in.The laws need a revision real soon if not this will hurt the fireworks business as a whole. Pyrotechnicians and fireworks enthusiasts will also suffer as a result. It seems that the federal government even though there are classifications for fireworks still get confused between 1.3 & 1.4 items. I really don't think that lawmakers take enough time and effort to sit down with actual experienced pyrotechnicians over a span of time having the pyrotechnicians lend there knowledge and training on all pyrotechnic devices before new laws come into effect. The concern about fireworks always comes right before the July 4th weekend. Depending on where you live in the U.S. Almost all news channels and newspapers will have some sort of anti fireworks ads. One of my favorites is the turkey test where they place a 2.5 or 3 inch salute shells without there lift charges right along side 2 butterball turkeys and then boom its raining turkeys and then they show pictures of 1.4 consumer items and locations of consumer firework stores and say that fireworks and all pyrotechnics are extremely dangerous and illegal.

melott001
01-15-2014, 06:29 PM
you are exactly right Zenith I see the same stories. i live in chester county pa. things are good in my community i have good neighbors that like the shows i put on in my backyard.