PDA

View Full Version : kellners open shoot and demo.

crackerbomb
01-13-2014, 10:51 PM
I got word that Kellners open shoot will be on April 10th. The demo shoots will be on the 11th and the 12th. Is there anybody going this year?

jknepp1954
01-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Maybe... we shall see. we usually just go for the 1.4 demo

UniversalPyro
01-16-2014, 10:06 PM
after last year, who knows. Some guy keeps videotaping us!!!

crackerbomb
01-16-2014, 11:15 PM
I'm planning on going again this year, if they have product this year. Last year they didn't have a 1/4 of the product.

Westpapyro
01-17-2014, 12:59 AM
I was there last year, I'll go again this year.

PGH_Pyro
01-18-2014, 07:06 PM
I'll go . It's a relatively short drive from PGH . Nice to see familiar pyro faces and shoot some product.

crackerbomb
01-21-2014, 04:04 AM
I'll go . It's a relatively short drive from PGH . Nice to see familiar pyro faces and shoot some product.

Its a 4.5 hour drive for me, but still had a great time last year.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-21-2014, 10:37 AM
I'm planning on Thursday.....hope their product [1.3 & 1.4] gets there in time this year!

crackerbomb
01-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Has anybody herd if they are going to have product this year?

Northern Sky
01-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Way to early to make any educated predictions on product.

PuroJon
01-25-2014, 12:46 PM
They have a notable video for Kellner's this year:

http://youtu.be/uRx9qOhDDHo

PyroJoeNEPA
01-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Nice job on the promo video!

Northern Sky
01-26-2014, 11:38 AM
goneshootin from Pyro Universe created that trailer.

There is a Cobra-Finale scripting seminar with a short Pyro musical scheduled.

PuroJon
01-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Nice job on the promo video!

Just to be clear Joe - it was NOT my video.

crackerbomb
03-07-2014, 02:13 AM
I got Kellner catolog in the mail today, which looks great. It also came with some paper work and it is stating that you only get the 50% off consumer pieses. Does anybody got any info on this. If I cant get the 1.3g at half price I'm not making the 4.5 hour trip.

jknepp1954
03-07-2014, 08:03 AM
It appears as it says... I didn't know he did 50% off the 1.3 stuff ever.

I see Kellner's have now added the option to buy individual pieces on most of their items again!
Some on quoted that - but looking on his website - i don't see that in there. is my computer whacked out or what?

PyroJoeNEPA
03-07-2014, 10:04 AM
The last couple years the "unit price" was double the amount of the number of items in the case price. For example: a case with 10 items that was $100.00 would have the item price listed at $20.00 instead of $10.00...and during the Thursday demo day the 1.4 & 1.3 items were sold at the "case price" which would have been $10.00. Now, after looking at the new price structure the "unit price" is the case price divided by the number of pieces plus 25%...or $100.00 /10=$10.00 + $2.50 = $12.50. That is how it works out for the 1.3g items I looked at. Also, before, there was a price break for 10 cases--that is no longer listed.
I see they no longer carry the BCxx Whirl to Report--that was a nice little cake & they only have ematch in 12ft [4 meter] lengths. No "case price" listed for quick match or sticky match either--only unit prices. Close Proximity pieces are way up there, too!

On their web site under the "Demo Night" info it reads as follows:

APRIL 10th - 6:00PM until 10:00 • Open Shooting of Consumer and Display Fireworks.
Kellner’s Customers and pyro club members are invited to blast away with some dark sky set aside just for you! Be sure to stop in early and browse the warehouse from 10AM until 9PM and purchase some product to test AT OUR ONE NIGHT ONLY SPECIAL 50% OFF PIECE PRICES. Open shooting will be hosted by the Pennsylvania Pyro Artists Fireworks Club and will be held at our facility on Old Route 8 in Wesley, Pa. ONLY FIREWORKS PURCHASED FROM KELLNERS FIREWORKS WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE SHOT.

So, I guess, the big question is: what will the price structure be for the demo night on Thursday? 50% off case price or not?

jknepp1954
03-07-2014, 11:00 AM
the last couple years the "unit price" was double the amount of the number of items in the case price. For example: A case with 10 items that was $100.00 would have the item price listed at $20.00 instead of $10.00...and during the thursday demo day the 1.4 & 1.3 items were sold at the "case price" which would have been $10.00. Now, after looking at the new price structure the "unit price" is the case price divided by the number of pieces plus 25%...or $100.00 /10=$10.00 + $2.50 = $12.50. That is how it works out for the 1.3g items i looked at. Also, before, there was a price break for 10 cases--that is no longer listed.
I see they no longer carry the bcxx whirl to report--that was a nice little cake & they only have ematch in 12ft [4 meter] lengths. No "case price" listed for quick match or sticky match either--only unit prices. Close proximity pieces are way up there, too!

On their web site under the "demo night" info it reads as follows:

So, i guess, the big question is: What will the price structure be for the demo night on thursday? 50% off case price or not?
not a big question at all - plainly states ... at our one night only special 50% off piece prices

jknepp1954
03-07-2014, 11:05 AM
is THE 1.3 LIST ON WEBSITE DIFFERENT LIST THAN WHAT YOU HAVE IN PRINT IN THE MAIL?
REASON I ASK - STILL DON'T SEE THE PIECE PRICES YOU ALL ARE TALKING ABOUT...

PyroJoeNEPA
03-07-2014, 12:16 PM
is THE 1.3 LIST ON WEBSITE DIFFERENT LIST THAN WHAT YOU HAVE IN PRINT IN THE MAIL?
REASON I ASK - STILL DON'T SEE THE PIECE PRICES YOU ALL ARE TALKING ABOUT...

I got the info off of their website this morning Joyce--& --correcting myself--I didn't mean "50% off case price" in the question-- but piece price meaning that the extra 25% on the piece price will be dropped for the demo night. Guess I have to stop drinking decaf coffee in the morning & get some "high test" in me!
Try this link as an example:
http://catalog.kellfire.com/individual?id=B206B

crackerbomb
03-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Joe the website says that all pieces are 50% off. The paper work I got from them stated 50% of consumner pieces. I emailed Dave today and he stated they are not giving the 50%off of 1.3 pieces this year. Instead they lowered there piece prices. I replyed to him and told him I wasn't making the trip over this year due to this. I can get product from Lynch and its much closer. The 50% off is the only reason I went over. I don't shoot a lot of 1.3 items in my show so I have no reason to purchase by the case.

PGH_Pyro
03-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Lynch seems to have a nicer variety of product compared to Kellners .

PyroJoeNEPA
03-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Joe the website says that all pieces are 50% off. The paper work I got from them stated 50% of consumner pieces. I emailed Dave today and he stated
they are not giving the 50%off of 1.3 pieces this year. Instead they lowered there piece prices. I replyed to him and told him I wasn't making the trip over this year due to this. I can get product from Lynch and its much closer. The 50% off is the only reason I went over. I don't shoot a lot of 1.3 items in my show so I have no reason to purchase by the case.

It doesn't look that way from their posted prices!!!

PyroJoeNEPA
03-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Lynch seems to have a nicer variety of product compared to Kellners .

I agree with you 100% there!! I wish they were closer to us "eastern PA guys! I saw some video of a few really nice cakes they have this year. Maybe a "group buy" for next year???

My main reason for making the trip out to Kellners was to re-take my PGI certification test on Thursday. I was only going to stay for the one day, purchase what I needed & head back on Friday. My PGI certification will expire this year. I seriously am giving this trip a re-think since it looks less advantageous the more information becomes available.
I have several great vendors that I can get 1.3g product from, & already have several cases of Dun Pai 3" shells ordered for my show as well as some of the 3" & 4" LBS salutes. Also have lots of the Dominator 13shot slices which blow the BOSS slices away.
So--why drive several hours for empty shelves???

1.4 isn't an issue--Kneppy's has a great assortment of product & I will be there for their demo in May.
Also, I'm going to MAFF this year [first time & looking forward to it] so I'm sure I will find lots of goodies there....and then there is the half trailer of stuff we all bought at PGI this year!! :) :rolleyes:

Northern Sky
03-08-2014, 03:21 PM
1.4 isn't an issue--Kneppy's has a great assortment of product & I will be there for their demo in May.
Also, I'm going to MAFF this year [first time & looking forward to it] so I'm sure I will find lots of goodies there....and then there is the half trailer of stuff we all bought at PGI this year!! :) :rolleyes:

Your trip to MAFF will be well rewarded. Look me up there if you want. I will be shooting a display that night.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Your trip to MAFF will be well rewarded. Look me up there if you want. I will be shooting a display that night.

I have heard nothing but awesome reviews & stories on the massive amounts of product you guys put up in the sky there!! I will definitely look you up & introduce myself. Also looking forward to putting faces to a bunch of other screen names. I know FRB knows most of you guys & I was going to ask him to help me out with some intro's.

Northern Sky
03-08-2014, 05:18 PM
FRB. Nobody admits to knowing that guy.

Just playing. He is helping me out a lot that weekend. MAFF is a great pyro event. There are 9 or 10 displays planned. The shows are artfully planned with some really tightly choreographed shows. It is an event for Pyros to gain experience, get training and show off their talents.

Westpapyro
03-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Your trip to MAFF will be well rewarded. Look me up there if you want. I will be making Chuck slave away hooking up 70+ Cobras for my display that night.

Fixed for ya Dane! Lol
Can't wait 9+ shows and a massive crackle mass launch!

displayfireworks1
03-09-2014, 09:41 AM
I will be attending the PGI shooter course. My certificate is older and needs updated. I always love being there for open shoot night. I will buy a case of Thunder Kings and shoot them off for some entertainment. If someone has a interesting 1.3 project let me know. Maybe I should buy a case of salutes and shoot them off instead of the Thunder Kings.
Maybe do this one again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq8jrpmW_2o

PyroManiacs
03-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Awesome vid, surprised I havent seen that one yet.

UniversalPyro
03-09-2014, 07:35 PM
What size show will you be doing as far as module count for MAFF? And how about the others?

Northern Sky
03-09-2014, 10:56 PM
My show is only 65 scripted modules. There will be eight other shows that night.