PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NC

glnunn
01-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Hi All. After years of shooting consumer fireworks, I finally found a company to shoot for.
North Carolina doesn't allow any fireworks that go into the air, so we are always shooting illegally!
We have to buy consumer products from SC or TN. I have always wanted to shoot 1.3 fireworks, and
finally got to work with them this past year. I'm shooting for Hale Artificier out of Lexington, and
got to shoot 16 shows this past year! Totally hooked now. I will be taking my pyro operators license
this year so I can be a lead operator. Love the forum.

fatcat
01-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the forum. Didn't know that NC didn't allow any aerials. Had heard that they made shooting display fireworks kind of tuff as far as getting the necessary licensing/permits, but thought they were (for lack of better words) tolerant of "safe and sane" pyro. Once again welcome

melott001
01-18-2014, 03:41 PM
hello i live in pennsylvania the same here for aerials have also shot professionally for 6 years for Pyro-TECH PRODUCTIONS. Learned so much from them. The owner passed away the company was sold. Still looking to get back on board with another company. Anyhow welcome to the forum, and loking forward to chatting with you again.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Welcome to the forum. There are several people from NC on here. Getting to work 16 shows your first season is great! How's your back doing? LOL...

glnunn
01-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Welcome to the forum. There are several people from NC on here. Getting to work 16 shows your first season is great! How's your back doing? LOL...

11 of those were in a row. We did a 11 day show in SC. Mostly cakes, and all wired!

displayfireworks1
01-20-2014, 09:52 PM
At glunn
I see you list Sliver City North Carolina as your location. Welcome to pyrotalk forums . I cross referenced to see you live in Hoke County. I also looked that there are no ATF Fireworks licensed people in your county. You should change that. LOL
http://www.pointcom.com/images/maps/north_carolina.png
http://wafflesatnoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/North-Carolina-Sign.jpg

glnunn
01-21-2014, 08:23 PM
I actually live in Siler City which is in Chatham county. I'm working on my state license to be a lead operator,
and already have an ATF clearance to handle explosives. I'll probably try for that soon after.