PDA

View Full Version : My First Experience Using the Cobra:/

Firework Crazy
01-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Bar none, with out a doubt, freaken amazing. Buying it was the best decision I have ever made. The eh face is for the fact that I ran into some problems during my display. I didn't recollect the amount of resistance with the 5m talon igniters from cobra would have so much resistance. The regulatory voltage application on the remote was set to .5 rather than .1, so I hit a bump, but either way I think it went pretty well. I'll post it as soon as I get the video from my friend. All and all i think the show went off well...the audience didn't really think twice about the empty sky as much as we pyros do. Heard a lot of positive feedback so I'm ecstatic. Hope every one had some good luck with theirs and had a Happy New Year. Also, I made a preview video but never got to posting it. So I'll post that as well with the other. :)

displayfireworks1
01-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Post your video when you load it, I do not have much experience using consumer igniters with the Cobra. I would imagine it has real drain on the batteries. Did you have new high quality batteries?

Firework Crazy
01-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Brand spanken new Energizer Industrial. The matter of a resistance problem was apparent in the midst of the "uh oh" scenario because I remembered that the first few that did go were wired with 3m talon igniters while the rest were with the 5m. I heard somewhere that the setting should be at .5 for consumer igniters and .1 for ematch. I should have realized that it could have been an issue but was just focusing on continuity and product placement and leveling. Additionally, when the setting was switched back to .1 they lit the fuse instantly when I could notice. The system reads A14 - 1p9-2p9, correct me if I'm wrong, through the button holding i don't think they really use up to much juice.

cobrafiringsystems
01-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Hi Firework Crazy,

Thanks for the kind words on the system. The 0.1 or 0.5 your referring to on the remote is for the auto-fire functionality which is unrelated to the voltage or length of the pulse provided to the cue on firing. See below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AbLcLKBwp8

For firing Talon clips, you want to set the 18M (not the remote) to Talon mode by pressing SYNC and CH+ at the same time. This way the 18M fires the cue for 2 seconds which is needed in some cases to fire Talon clips. Had you performed this to your 18M module?

Thanks again and Happy New Year! Scott

Firework Crazy
01-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Huh, maybe I wasn't pressing the buttons properly or something and it just appeared to be the auto fire setting that solved the problem during the show. I Wish I ran through your videos a couple more times. Na I didn't..until now. :(

Firework Crazy
01-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Wait...I think I've figured out what the problem could have been. When I was wiring the cues, 4-6 and 8-11 were struggling to connect. Could it have been that they had poor connection but enough to make the lights green?

Firework Crazy
01-04-2014, 10:09 PM
To be honest, I'm a little disappointed that I wasn't as prepared to use the system as I should have been. So I'm trying to make sense of it.

cobrafiringsystems
01-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Hi Firework Crazy,

Can you call me at 518-222-7410? I can walk you through this on the phone to make sure you had everything in place and know the details with Talon mode. I also want to confirm the firmware version of the units to ensure everything is correct.

Thanks! Scott

Firework Crazy
01-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Ya, give me a few minutes.

Firework Crazy
01-08-2014, 02:13 AM
To conclude this thread, the problem was definetly because I didn't have the system in talon mode. Scott determined that the first pass through of attempted firing partially burned into the fuse. So once I went through them again the inner core was ignited, setting off the product.

Pyro Nation
01-14-2014, 05:01 AM
I just got on here..been awhile... and after seeing your very first post I would of put $$$ on that you didnt have it in talon mode. Since they come shipped set to ematch mode..and after reading on it was that...guess i should get back on here more often!!