PDA

View Full Version : Hello all....

Jesseda
12-29-2013, 11:46 PM
Hello..I have to admit that I've been following pryotalk for about a year without posting anything here. I've been shooting consumer for a long time and I'm currently applying for my type 54. I would love to get some insight from someone here. I'm starting from scratch in this.... no family or friends that have done this before...i'm the first...so I'd love any help I can get from you guys. Insight...I'm in western PA about 1 hour north of Pittsburgh....but...WFBOOM in hubbard is only 10 mins. away so I usually buy there..I hope to get some good insight from all of you here...anything you have to tell me will probably be useful

PyroJoeNEPA
12-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the Forum There are a lot of people on here from western PA. I'm sure some of them will contact you. I would mention that you consider joining a club to get some experience. Pa Pyro Artists, Crackerjacks, etc. Also, Kellners will be holding the PGI Safety Certification Course again this year during their 3 day demo event. They usually have it on Thursday & on Saturday to accommodate peoples schedules. Try to make it if you are getting your 54.--the date is in April--will be announced soon. Also, Kneppy's usually have an open shoot the day before their demo in May--watch for the dates on that also. Great way to meet like minded people & pick up all the information you can absorb!

jknepp1954
12-30-2013, 05:09 PM
welcome to pyro talk. yes - wfboom is a great place to buy - i buy there myself as well. but broaden your horizons - you have Kellners not too far away, and like Joe says - we at Kneppy's are 130 miles due east of wfboom.
Our demo is "usually" first Sat. of May - good times and product had by all.