PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Show Design:Angled Effects and more!

Hector
04-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Okay, Show design thread. Candles are best when angled. Fan shooting is awesome. How about angling a cake in your display? Instead of having twenty cakes shooting straight up overlapping all of their breaks and making an impenetrable smoke barrier, why not dig in some on the sides a few degrees to spread out the display a bit? You would have to make sure that they are kept stable so they won't knock over when they go off, but it might add quite a nice touch to a otherwise normal show. Unfortunately I can't really do this here (Alaska) because it is light all summer and the ground is frozen all winter... Perhaps cake boxes with an insert bottom liner that you could LiquidNails a cake to, then strap it down... I have lots of design suggestions. Spread the finale out more. Try to keep the salutes downwind of the show. Separate tailed shells from non-tailed ones in the shoot area (sky where they will be shot?). Spreading things can be annoying, but should result in more of the individual breaks being enjoyed. Only overlap breaks of the SAME type/color shell. Just play around with different combinations and such.

Man I would like to have $15,000 worth of Kellner's fireworks(or some other supplier) and $3,000 of Equipment *hint hint, and a good place to shoot at. Oh oh oh! Perhaps even a club with active members who encourage enjoyment of pyrotechnics in a safe and creative way! hmmm... perhaps I'm getting carried away.

Okay guys! Feedback time!

pyrodude
04-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Check this thread

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?82-Angling-Cakes-for-a-spread-effect!

Hector
04-07-2011, 10:42 PM
X.X dangit, I Just dubbed a thread didn't I? lol Sorry about that. Thank you for the quick and kindly re-direct though. Fortunately I said "And More!" so perhaps it will turn out for the best. Are there any threads discussing Fireworks clubs around? Besides the failed attempt on my part to start one? Thanks in advance!

nrubmx
04-08-2011, 01:23 PM
i think that is a great idea. maybe i will try something like getting 3 of the same cake and angling them and shooting them at the same time. thanks for the good ideas