PDA

View Full Version : Police ban fireworks, knockouts in Sokoto

displayfireworks1
12-23-2013, 12:03 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1215000/images/_1217835_nigeria_sokoto_map300.gif
The Police Command in Sokoto State has banned the use of fireworks and knockouts during the forthcoming Christmas and New Year festivities in the state.

The Police Public Relations Officer for the command, DSP Al-Mustapha Sani, made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Sokoto on Sunday.

According to him, the measure becomes necessary due to the prevailing security situation in the country.

Sani said the use fireworks and knockouts were capable of frightening the residents, who might misconstrue them and panic.

The police spokesman warned residents, especially the youth, against flouting the ban, and appealed to the parents and guardians to keep watchful eyes on their children and wards.

He warned that “anyone found wanting in this regard will be dealt with accordingly’’.

Sani gave the assurance that the command would do its best to ensure peaceful and memorable Christmas and New Year for the residents.

Also, the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps said the command had mapped out strategies to ensure peaceful yuletide celebrations.

It’s Commander, Mr Yusha’u Aliyu, told NAN in a telephone interview that the command had put its personnel “on red alert in this direction’’.

“We have braced up to the additional security challenges that may come up during Christmas and New Year,’’ Aliyu said.

PyroJoeNEPA
12-23-2013, 09:09 AM
I was wondering what "knockouts" were & did a little digging...it turns out that is a word used for firecrackers!
"Police in Plateau State have banned the use of fire crackers popularly called knockout, saying it would clamp down on those selling or it and warned citizens, particularly those residing in Jenta Adamu, Gada Biu, Tudun Wada and Dadin Kowa to look out for a group of criminals parading themselves as staff of the PHCN to rob people."
Learn something every day!!!

displayfireworks1
12-23-2013, 10:03 AM
I wish they would make it illegal for that guy in Nigeria to keep sending me emails. LOLhttp://www.affordablecebu.com/Images/articles/internet/Nigerian_Email_scam_Joan_Clos.jpg