PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 fireworks in cages

displayfireworks1
12-15-2013, 10:52 PM
I know I heard this once before but perhaps someone from the Netherlands can explain this again. This fireworks distributor has multiple video of him opening fireworks cases. I know it is some sort of legal requirement in regard to these cages. I have seen these cages on some products here in United States as well. I noticed these boxes have 1.4 placards on them. When I look at these cakes they look like 1.3 fireworks cakes to me. I am also wondering why we never see these in United States. What we see in United States are modular cake rows under this category and not complete stand alone products.

Ik weet dat ik hoorde dit een keer eerder, maar misschien iemand uit Nederland kan dit nog eens uitleggen. Dit vuurwerk distributeur heeft meerdere video van hem openen vuurwerk gevallen. Ik weet dat het een soort van wettelijke verplichting ten aanzien van deze kooien. Ik heb deze kooien gezien op sommige producten hier in de Verenigde Staten ook. Ik merkte deze dozen hebben 1,4 plakkaten op hen. Als ik kijk naar deze koeken ze zien eruit als 1.3 vuurwerk cakes voor mij. Ik vraag me ook af waarom we deze nooit zien in de Verenigde Staten. Wat we zien in de Verenigde Staten zijn modulair taart rijen onder deze categorie en niet volledig stand-alone producten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ0VV2dJte8
My assessment on this is it is some legal bull shit to sell 1.3 cakes legally because they are packaged differently. Not that I mind that , but what does the cage do?

jamietje
12-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Those are 1.4 we can only buy 1.4 as average consumer.
Im guessing that silver topping makes you think its 1.3 or the 2 fuses, but its more a marketing thing,
Each cake will contian max 500grams, including these ones.

Here is a picture of a similair kind of cake that I had.
And this one came in a box without a cage, the cage is just extra security if you ask me.

PGH_Pyro
12-16-2013, 10:15 AM
in England until recently, they had to have wire cage wrap things around boxes of those big 1.3 rockets and big heavy-hitter 1.3 cakes .
i think mostly for shipping and keeping kids out of the stuff .

smilli
01-03-2014, 12:50 PM
The cage should keep the fire inside the box en so spread the fire less easy.
The Cages are required in Holland if the percentage of Flash in the entire box of products is above a certain amount that i do not know.