PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks discussion on the radio

pyrorooky
11-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Just been sitting listening to a discussion on the radio as to if they should ban fireworks due to teenagers buying them and setting them of in streets/parks etc. I dont think they should ban them at all because why should the rest of us suffer due to these tools trying to be the big men infront of there mates? In my opinion I think what they should do is rase the legal age of purchase to 21 but before all this if you want to buy fireworks you should have attend a training school and go through the whole system of identifying each firework, knowing how to properly and safely light each firework etc etc and them at the end of all this you do an exam and if you even get as much as one question wrong you dont get a license and you should have a license to purchase fireworks and if you dont pass the exam no license no fireworks and I think this will sort out all these idiots spoiling things for the rest of us!

matandch
11-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Sounds like a lot of government regulation and bureaucracy. Then there's the cost of implementing it, running it and policing it.

pyrorooky
11-03-2013, 12:07 PM
But then its like ive said to a few people if it means stopping idiots from getting there hands on them and potentialy saving someones life then what price do you put on it? Because over you could just be walking down the street and get one thrown at you, over the last 24 hours where I stay there has been atleast 25 incidents reported where someone has been sitting in a bus shelter walking down the street and have had fireworks thrown at them or they have had fireworks posted through there letter boxes! But if you set up one of these schools that includes training and an exam at the end of it and if you get so much as one question wrong then you dont get a license wich means if you walk uptoa counter to buy fireworks if you dont have a license then that means no fireworks! If it means stopping all of these numptys running about the streets with them and stops innocent people getting them chucked at them when walking there dogs etc then so be it because there is going to come one day if it keeps happening they will say enoughs enough and they will stop selling them to the public all bevause you get little wannabe hardmen trying to impress there friends and its NOT fair on us who are responsible!

matandch
11-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Wow, sounds pretty bad over there when it comes to fireworks. Be glad that's all you have to worry about. Here in America all we have to worry about is someone shooting at you with a gun in a theater or at work. But luckily we have the NRA to keep our government from making us take courses or tests to keep people from using guns irresponsibly.

PGH_Pyro
11-03-2013, 09:38 PM
i also propose letting people enjoy their fireworks if they show some degree of competency with using them and safety and etc.
have a PGI-type class and get a certification / permit / etc .
if i were in a state or city government, this is what i'd implement.

matandch
11-03-2013, 10:22 PM
i also propose letting people enjoy their fireworks if they show some degree of competency with using them and safety and etc.
have a PGI-type class and get a certification / permit / etc .
if i were in a state or city government, this is what i'd implement.

Unnecessary. Fireworks should be held to the same standards as gun ownership.

PyroManiacs
11-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Unnecessary. Fireworks should be held to the same standards as gun ownership.

Very agreeable!

PGH_Pyro
11-05-2013, 10:09 AM
im all for gun rights but i think its like getting a driver's license - you should have to demonstrate proficiency in operating the vehicle at a basic level, at least before you get the license .

pyrorooky
11-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah I agree with alot of what you guys are saying but over in northern ireland you need a license to purchase fireworks wich is fair enough but they are making it to easy as they can just apply for one I think they need to pay for it also and its as simple as that but I think they should have a training school scheme set up for it with an exam at the end and if you get as much as 1-2 answers wrong no license no fireworks.

matandch
11-05-2013, 04:28 PM
im all for gun rights but i think its like getting a driver's license - you should have to demonstrate proficiency in operating the vehicle at a basic level, at least before you get the license .

Same should be true for guns then. Class C fireworks are far less dangerous than a gun in the hands of the wrong or an inexperienced person.

matandch
11-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Yeah I agree with alot of what you guys are saying but over in northern ireland you need a license to purchase fireworks wich is fair enough but they are making it to easy as they can just apply for one I think they need to pay for it also and its as simple as that but I think they should have a training school scheme set up for it with an exam at the end and if you get as much as 1-2 answers wrong no license no fireworks.

May be a good idea for N. Ireland, a bad idea for USA. Europe controls guns too, that's not what the USA is about- government controlling everything. Keep the government control in Europe.