PDA

View Full Version : "I Didn't Know That Fireworks"

displayfireworks1
10-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Cool short video clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CleCe5pvbYw

PyroManiacs
10-25-2013, 09:26 AM
What I want to know, How do they regulate the noise of the burst?

PyroJoeNEPA
10-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Plain BP breaks are not as loud as "hard breaks" where a little flash is added to the core of the rice hulls to make the shell break with much more force than the BP gives. Soft breaks are always used for willows, horsetails, falling leaves, timed rain, etc.--Shells with tourbillions, hummers,etc. [shells with inserts] may have flash added to get the extra projection from the center out for the inserts--i.e a "hard break". Not a rule written in stone, but seems to be a common practice.If you use too much flash & break the shell too hard you will blow the stars away from the core before they are all ignited.Less flash, less noise--more flash= Happy Pyro's!

PyroManiacs
10-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Oh, I knew they were able to use 'some' flash in the burst charge, I actually didnt know the use of 'too much' would cause the stars to be blasted away at a quicker rate than what BP does, hence causing them to 'not ignite'. I had originally thought that if you had two shells the same size, one having flash and another BP... they would have the same burst velocity.

*smacks head*It makes sense now that I though about it for .2 seconds instead of thinking about it for .6 seconds, lol.

Thanks Joe.

I do have to say since I joined PyroTalk, I have learned so much. Im starting to like all the science behind it as well.