PDA

View Full Version : Cobra 6 Super vs Cobra 7 Super

Dutchpyro2011
10-20-2013, 05:39 PM
In this video you'll see the Cobra 6 and 7!

Cobra 6:

48 gram flash (24 explosion, 24 flare)

Cobra 7:

50 gram explosion (no flare!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZn4UkO_ZpI

PGH_Pyro
10-26-2013, 12:46 PM
wow, light those in the USA and you'd have the swat team punching you in the face in about 5 minutes...

RunBang
10-27-2013, 04:57 PM
I also did the test ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvahjmdAxE0

PuroJon
10-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Amazing. You think its 'cool' to shoot the pyro force of approx. 1/2 stick of dynamite in an inhabited urban area? The car that drove past the one explosion would have been killed if the charge had exploded just a few seconds early. Not to mention the shrapnel generated by the brick/cobblestone the items were ignited on. Or the (good) potential for shattering windows from the concussion to spray inside on some poor schmuck sitting in his living room. And that is "fun"?!?!?!?

Its one thing to enjoy pyros - its another to risk the lives of innocent bystanders just so you can make a big bang to giggle at.

RunBang
10-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Its one thing to enjoy pyros - its another to risk the lives of innocent bystanders just so you can make a big bang to giggle at.

I'm absolutly agree with you. that's why i never lights off crackers in the town. but i think the video of dutchpyro2011 has been taken during the new year's day in Holland. and there, it's typical to shoot big crackers at this date. arrrf, i know, that's not a reason for don't be careful. i have lots of pyrofriends in this country, and be sure most of them are serious

PGH_Pyro
10-30-2013, 08:20 AM
Thing is, it's NOT dynamite which is much more powerful than flash powder . But I agree that lot of the European fireworks videos of a guerilla style seem reckless . I always shake my head when I see those videos because here in the USA, you'd be so busted if you tossed stuff like that into a street or anywhere near buildings/people . They'd just lynch you, lol .

RunBang
10-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Thing is, it's NOT dynamite which is much more powerful than flash powder . But I agree that lot of the European fireworks videos of a guerilla style seem reckless . I always shake my head when I see those videos because here in the USA, you'd be so busted if you tossed stuff like that into a street or anywhere near buildings/people . They'd just lynch you, lol .

Haha! yes! USA and EUROPE are sometimes very "bizarre". because crackers with more than 50mg of flashpowder are forbidden in USA, but you can get all chemicals that you want on the net. and in Europe you can get all crackers that you want on the net, but chemicals are strictly prohibited haha! we ALL live in a "bizarre" world

PuroJon
10-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Regardless where you live there are some basic safety issues that just can't be ignored. Whether in the USA or Europe, in the current world of YouTube and the net its grown to be a more sensitive issue. And with the higher quality of pyro products being what they are, many of the 'dangerous' items have actually been made much safer - so they can be sold to consumers. But you have to be realistic and know in your heart that there is a difference between some consumer fireworks and real world explosives. I don't care if you live in Seattle, Arnhem or Mogadishu - it just ain't cool to throw explosives at or near folks who are not expecting them.

I'm like most everyone else here on the board - I like blowing colorful stuff up and I like watching colorful stuff blow up. I'm partial to 6"-8" shells myself way the hell up in the air. But not blown up in an urban setting, not blown up in a way that can directly risk the safety of innocent people, and not blown up in a way that can easily cause ME harm. Its just not cool to put other people at risk that way no matter where you live. Go into the country. Take your camera and a bag of fun stuff and find a farm field you can toss a pyro item into and not make pensioners remember times in their life when Europe was filled with booms like sound a lot like that - and no one thought it was much fun at the time.