PDA

View Full Version : Hello from bonnie scotland! :)

pyrorooky
10-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Hi everyone :) so glad I found this place! My names dave and im from all the way over in scotland. I have been obsessed with fireworks since I was a little kid and having only fired garden fireworks before I have beenwatching alot of pyro shows on you tube and iI have to say it has got me hooked even more on fireworks! Im hoping to try out my own pyro show for bonfire night next year and im going to need a little bit of info on it all as I am a noob to pyro stuff lol .

Nice to meet you all and hope to talk to you all soon :)

Dave.

displayfireworks1
10-16-2013, 09:09 PM
We are please to have a fireworks enthusiast from Scotland on the forums. I will add a few pictures to put things in geographic perspective.
It looks like you are from the Fife section of Scotland.
http://www.mapsofworld.com/united-kingdom/regions/uk-regions-map.gif
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5f/Fife_in_Scotland.svg/456px-Fife_in_Scotland.svg.png

pyrorooky
10-17-2013, 03:54 AM
Thank you :) and it is great to be here but yeah the fife area of scotland. Where I live use to be the capital of scotland (Dunfermline) and it is also the birthplace of andrew carnegie. We have a fireworks display here for 5th of november and to say the least it is terrible lol

PyroJoeNEPA
10-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Hello Dave & welcome to the Forum Family. I'm sure you will meet many like minded Pyro Enthusiasts here. I read your other post about the artillery shells being banned there. What type fireworks are available for you to purchase there? And what other laws/restrictions do you have to deal with? Here in the USA some of the 50 states are "fireworks friendly" and others are not. Laws differ from state to state...but all are under 1.4G "consumer fireworks" or 1.3G "display fireworks" classifications..

pyrorooky
10-18-2013, 06:30 AM
Thanks joe its great to be here. The only fireworks that are available here are ones for public sale like your rockets barrages selection boxes etc. You can only buy 1.3G if it is for a private party or if you are a professional pyro wich is understandable. The laws are you cant purchase fireworks if you are under 18 and you have to produce photographic identification with your D.O.B on it and if you dont you wont get sold them. You cant fire after 10 at night unless you are having a private function and also mortars you cant purchase or even get imported as they are banned but the closest you will get to mortars are if you are watching a professional display or if you are a pyrotechnition in a professional display.