PDA

View Full Version : More reloadable problems

displayfireworks1
09-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Here is another reloadable story. Now we see why the American Fireworks Standards Laboratories is trying to regulate the mortar tube on reloadable shells need to withstand an upside shell.
I would speculate someone placed the shell in upside down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeMLb8cU-jQ

tntrealty1
09-23-2013, 05:05 PM
this is upsetting. Did you hear the women's comment at the end? The women who's son was injured said "we'll make sure the kids are farther away this time and we put the tube on the concrete/pavement not the grass so we wont need a cinder-block to support it." WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! the mortar tube should always be supported (bricks, cinder-blocks, bucket of sand, etc.) if it is not being used in a rack.

PGH_Pyro
09-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Require the weekend warrior / only on the 4th type of fireworks consumers to take a PGI-type course and show that they can handle the product and utilize it safely before they can purchase .

Kev in Ky
09-24-2013, 04:09 AM
Wow... Proof common sense is lacking in most of the World. I'm wondering though, not many consumer fireworks would blow through the tube, and also break through a cinder block, and launch concrete far and fast enough to break a leg, with being the proper distance away. Plywood is cheap, allows you to shoot in grass, and even then, you still brick/stake items down, to prepare for the "worse case scenario" type deal, but this lady will end up lighting on uneven pavement, and have a 50shot cake tip over and shoot everyone within 150feet. Everyone better get Daves video for ATF licensing, it will only become harder to get. I feel an attempted Lawsuit coming from this video. I'll order mine tomorrow.

PGH_Pyro
09-26-2013, 10:04 PM
its good idea to put your single mortar tube and bigger cakes in a wooden box where the blast is contained and forced up and out instead of side-ways if it malfunctions... they had these at PGI convention on the C shoot area ...

Gary
10-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Kev,

Are you saying that someone may attempt a lawsuit from the video in this post or from Dave's video for ATF licensing? I don't understand how this in anyway relates to Dave's ATF licensing video.

G