PDA

View Full Version : Salute!

Gary
09-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Hey Guys (and Gals),
I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I've been a backyard pyro for as long as I can remember always playing with consumer grade 1.4g product. For some reason after a recent visit to a Phantom Fireworks store I got an itch and have become inspired to elevate my game. I've been lurking and reading posts for the last few weeks and felt it was time join and hopefully start meeting some people to help me take this thing to a new level.

Dave,
I found this forum after watching your videos on you tube and I want to say Thank You. I think what you do is a great service for people like me. I feel after watching many, many hours of your videos for the last 3 weeks or so I have learned a ton and probably is equivalent to what I would've learned in 1 or 2 years of an apprenticeship with a display company! Don't get me wrong. I'm not going out and start playing with Quick match or anything next weekend but have definitely made me wiser and more confident. So thank you and keep up the great work!

Well, that's all for now.

Thanks,
G

PyroManiacs
09-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Hey Gary, Welcome to PyroTalk!

The first step to elevating your game.... we gotta get Phantom out of your life, hehehehe. They are ridiculously expensive.
You should try to look around for a wholesaler.... I see your in The NW part of PA. Maybe you are close to www.wfboom.com which is in Hubbard, Ohio....way more bang for your buck, excellent product and they are also a sponsor to this website. And when you get into the 1.3G, there are plenty of distributors too.

You will learn a lot on this forum. Enjoy!! :)

Gary
09-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Thanks pyro,

I agree. I probably stepped into the Phantom Showroom for the last time a few weeks ago. Their prices have sky rocketed ( no pun intended) ! I hadn't been down there for quite a few years and man has it changed. I used to be able to go in there with BOGO on everything in the store and walk out with a shit ton of product but not anymore. Not to bash the ghost anymore but I felt particularly ripped off by the BOGO coupon I downloaded from their website. I walked in excited as could be and when the sales guy pointed to an end cap and said those are the only items that qualify for the BOGO I about walked out of there. There were about 15 to 20 pieces on the shelves, half of it was bricks and large rolls of firecrackers and the rest of it looked open and damaged. Wow! It just so happens that I'm planning a trip to Wholesale Fireworks this weekend so I should be back on track. I'll be sure to tell them you guys sent me.

Thanks,
G

PyroManiacs
09-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Yes, do let them know you are from the PyroTalk forums. :cool: