PDA

View Full Version : Getting Pumped for the season....

indianahx
03-31-2011, 07:09 PM
April is just around the corner and i'm getting pumped for the fireworks season!!! About to start workin at the local retailer again so I'll be consumed with fireworks even more so in every ounce of my spare time.......

In other news, got my latest order of mortars from Pyroboom yesterday. I now have 200 dr-11 mortars and i'm itching to use them all.

Also bought a brand new table saw as well. Told my lady it was for the honey do list and decking ect ect.....little does she know i'm ready for rack building.

Also, I ordered some fuse clips from quickfuseclips.com. I cant lie, im pretty anxious to try these out. I've seen many 'o dave's fusing tricks and techniques but have never seen him use these things and when i found them i thought hell this would be MUCH quicker than taping. so we'll see. hoping to maybe get a video of them to see how efficient the fire passes from fuse to fuse. Anyone else tried these things out or heard of them?

ilmoam
03-31-2011, 07:12 PM
I have heard of them and was excited to check them out. Then I found out they are only designed for one-time use :( I couldn't justify paying for them only to use them once. Besides, I have become very efficient using zip ties and tape!

"We are not marketing them as reusable but if you can find them after you shoot, you could reuse them. The fire from the fuse does not burn through the clip." -from quickfuseclips.com

I am anxious to hear if you are able to use them again. Please let us know.

TitaniumsalTDI
04-01-2011, 08:11 AM
also excited here too, except for the snow! its snowing like its december right now!

indianahx
04-01-2011, 12:21 PM
I thought the same thing as well when it comes to using them repeatedly.....they snap very easily so how hard could it be to just find them? Once the fuse burns through them they will just fall to the ground........and thiey are bright white.....

$/\/\0|<E
04-01-2011, 01:04 PM
100 pack of zip ties $1.79

ilmoam
04-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Hello

You can talk about fireworks from China to your backyard and everything in between but please do not post clickable links to fireworks companies that are not my advertisers. Also, please avoid posting open-ended questions that will encourage other people to post clickable links. Like “Where can I buy cheap fireworks at?”. I am not going to get upset if you mention fireworks distributors here and there or names of good shells or cakes. However, if I feel you are indirectly advertising for a fireworks distributor I may tell you about it. Please post pictures of you set ups or videos of your backyard display, fusing techniques, making fireworks, formula’s for colors etc. Let me work with the fireworks companies to promote fireworks.
I need advertisers to run the site, and I am obtaining them, so as things move along this should be less of an issue.

Thanks Dave pyrotalk.com

ilmoam
04-03-2011, 09:42 PM
I received this email from dave for sharing with my fellow pyros a web site to purchase cheap zip ties. I was in NO WAY advertising for this company. I was simply trying to help my fellow pyros save a few bucks. But this web site does not pay dave (or me) for advertising fees so I was scolded. The politics of this site are something else. I am just a pyro trying to enjoy my hobby and to share what I learn and discover with others. Oh well.

Hello

You can talk about fireworks from China to your backyard and everything in between but please do not post clickable links to fireworks companies that are not my advertisers. Also, please avoid posting open-ended questions that will encourage other people to post clickable links. Like “Where can I buy cheap fireworks at?”. I am not going to get upset if you mention fireworks distributors here and there or names of good shells or cakes. However, if I feel you are indirectly advertising for a fireworks distributor I may tell you about it. Please post pictures of you set ups or videos of your backyard display, fusing techniques, making fireworks, formula’s for colors etc. Let me work with the fireworks companies to promote fireworks.
I need advertisers to run the site, and I am obtaining them, so as things move along this should be less of an issue.

Thanks Dave pyrotalk.com