PDA

View Full Version : New from PA

Ghost
07-28-2013, 12:29 AM
Hello, my name is Devin. Im from Central PA.
Im here for the same reason everyone else is but i also got my questions, but ill lurk around the forum for a little bit to see if they were already answered. Would also like to thank Dave for helping me out with my account problems. I watched just about every video since 2010 for the last few weeks so i figured i would join.

Next year i will be 21 and can apply for my BATF License and the PGI DOC. Really looking forward to all that but it also seems to be really overwhelming right now. When i get money ill have to get the instructional DVD thing in the store. Only thing i see holding me back is permits and a magazine. All im looking to do is to get this stuff for personal use. Putting on shows for friends and family. If i can get a job or even a career in this, that would be fantastic. I will be looking to join a crew, i just dont know where to look really. It would be great to get some experience thats actually down on paper.

Hope to see some of you guys out in the field one day or at some of the conventions.

jknepp1954
07-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Ghost - welcome to pyro talk. Also here from central Pa - what part are you from?
We have a 1.4g store near Philipsburg area - stop in or call and say howdy!
Are you planning on going to PGI this year?

PyroManiacs
07-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Devin, Welcome to PyroTalk!

Ghost
07-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Ghost - welcome to pyro talk. Also here from central Pa - what part are you from?
We have a 1.4g store near Philipsburg area - stop in or call and say howdy!
Are you planning on going to PGI this year?

Yea i dont really remember whats all around here but i know there is a phantom store and some others not too far. Only thing is im not going to be able to buy anything that goes into the air or goes boom without some sort or permit and license. Im from Northumberland County.

And im really bummed i cannot make it to PGI this year when its this close. (Still 4 hour drive though)

PyroManiacs
07-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Only thing is im not going to be able to buy anything that goes into the air or goes boom without some sort or permit and license. Im from Northumberland County.

Yea, its tough living where you live and not having a type 54.

Ghost
07-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Do you know of any companies around here and how to get a job with them?