PDA

View Full Version : Ohio fireworks law may be changing

crackerbomb
07-24-2013, 08:25 PM
I was told today by a reliable source that Ohio may be changing there fireworks laws. This past weekend at the Ohio Fire Chief Conference there was a big discusion on changing the law. It was stated that they could not control the usage of fireworks in Ohio so the must change the law.It was recommended that 1.4 fireworks can be shot by the public 15 days before and 15 days after July 4th, along with New Years Eve.

This is only in the first stage of getting fireworks legal in Ohio. Once they figure out what they want to propose then it will go the the State to take it from there. As of this time they aren't going to allow any more firework stands, but this may change.

Keeping my fingures crossed!

PyroManiacs
07-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Good Luck! Hope it goes well!

wpman321
07-27-2013, 11:00 PM
This would be Frikkin sweet! Some time back I tried contacting my local representatives about this passing info back and forth but they just kept giving me the run around till they were voted out of office. People in government suck when they lie. Ba_ta_ds!!!

joejoer
09-01-2013, 10:58 AM
How do I get involved? This law needs to pass. Is three-year on this law?

PGH_Pyro
09-03-2013, 06:46 PM
that sure would be swell for you Ohio folk . they have to do their pyro. 'guerilla' style . no fun looking over your shoulder for cops all the while .

Northern Sky
09-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Join a club and shoot away.

kessie
09-12-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm doing a report on the legalization of Fireworks across the United States. I'll be sure to include this update, so I thank you for this information. It's going to be impossible getting fireworks illegal here in Taxachusetts, even by lighting them off so much they just let it happen. Kind of like Colorado with weed.

pimpdaddee28
05-06-2016, 08:29 AM
Bump...

I just wanted to know if anyone has any updates on whether or not the firework laws in Ohio will be changed. I know the bill for the legalization of all 1.4g fireworks in Ohio was proposed back in November/December of 2014 and it was close to passing, but the bill never reached the floor for it to be voted on (I guess you could call it a filibuster, lol). Since then, I haven't really heard too many other updates, other than the "Liar's Law" form being removed completely (which is the form you sign promising to take the fireworks that you purchased out of Ohio within 2-3 days).

I guess we have to pinky swear now...:confused:

Other than that (along with a letter I wrote to an Ohio representative which will probably be replied with very little info or updates), us Ohio pyros have no clue what the plan is now. Are they going to present the bill again, or is the idea of Ohio ever legalizing 1.4g fireworks officially a pipe-dream?

djsmurf
05-06-2016, 11:45 AM
Had my hopes up someone had heard something new. :(

The removal of the "Liar's Law" was a start. Other then that it seems like no one really reintroduced the bill once they passed it but adjourned early, so it didn't pass :confused:

Sen. Dave Burke was the sponsor of the bill. Wonder if we get enough people to contact him he would reintroduce the bill.

Weinz34
05-11-2016, 11:49 AM
I actually sent an email to my local reps office a few weeks back, & I actually received a phone call yesterday. They basically said the same thing that we already know. That senate Bill 386 was well on it's way to passing through the committee when the session "ended" no one seems to know why or have any record as to why it was introduced so late in session. As of right now Sen. Burke has no immediate plans on reintroducing the Bill not to say that he won't in the future.

I don't know what kind of push it would take to get it reintroduced but I would be willing to do my part for sure...There was a Facebook page at one time following this. (Maybe someone should start talking about it again.) Like you said I think we just enough supporters to contact their reps as well as the senator to get him to reintroduce the bill.

chriskrc
05-12-2016, 06:58 AM
You would think with Phantom ( bj alan) being located in Ohio something else would be happening quicker

hillbilly
05-12-2016, 09:23 AM
you need to get on this early we ran into this in wv . try to get some behind this like firedepartments good for fund rasiers.

Weinz34
05-14-2016, 09:28 AM
I was able to get in touch with my District Senator yesterday. (He was the high school football coach at my school when I was there.) He said he was a supporter of Bill 386 when it passed through the Senate on its way to the House. He said Burke got "beat up" pretty bad when it was passing through the Senate last time that he is a little gun shy to propose it again. He did say he would talked to him and see if he can convince him to propose the Bill again.
I don't know where it will go from here... I think the pro-firework groups/clubs/organizations need to step up and help Burke get more information and backing in order for him to try again. I wish there was more I could do to help the process. I'll keep asking...I wonder if getting proof of public support of the Bill would help. I mean isn't the State Gov supposed to represent what the public wants.
I'm all for the safe use of Fireworks but making them illegal and allowing everyone to still use them with a blind eye is not the answer either....

Weinz34
05-14-2016, 09:49 AM
Oh almost forgot. He did say that the "Big Boys" pushed to extend the Ohio Moratorium on Fireworks. Probably the same group we (Ohio) need to push the legalization of Fireworks....

displayfireworks1
05-14-2016, 07:18 PM
I would probably have to type 10 paragraphs to explain it all. Don't assume that people current selling consumer fireworks in Ohio or any state will be supporters of full legalization of Consumer Fireworks. Full legalization of Consumer Fireworks in any state has advantages for you as a user of fireworks. It has few if any advantages for people currently selling Consumer Fireworks. It has many advantages for those that want to start to sell Consumer Fireworks.

chriskrc
05-14-2016, 07:48 PM
I would probably have to type 10 paragraphs to explain it all. Don't assume that people current selling consumer fireworks in Ohio or any state will be supporters of full legalization of Consumer Fireworks. Full legalization of Consumer Fireworks in any state has advantages for you as a user of fireworks. It has few if any advantages for people currently selling Consumer Fireworks. It has many advantages for those that want to start to sell Consumer Fireworks.

This is for one thing a true statement Dave. Look at TNT fireworks, they help get safe and sane passed in states but seem to do things like fly drones and catch so called illegal fireworks activities. They sell a full line of 1.4 but surely don't help get 1.4 fully legalized. I'm pretty sure there are others like this out there but one would think full legalization would help out the industry more.