PDA

View Full Version : Licensing

rodneyp
07-23-2013, 08:38 PM
I would like to get my license for fireworks in North Carolina. I have talked with NC about the steps and have done some research. From what I understand I will have to get an ATF clearance, maintain a magazine cabinet, work under someone else's license for a few shows, take classes, and take a test. Does that sound about right? Any help on where to start and pointers would be most appreciated.

displayfireworks1
07-23-2013, 09:31 PM
If you are trying to purchase your own 1.3 fireworks, you will need an ATF license to purchase them. Consider purchasing my ATF/DVD application package.
http://pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

pyromaniac
07-24-2013, 10:19 AM
This is where Dave's video about getting your type 54 really shines. It goes in great detail on how to obtain your license. He takes you line by line explaining each step and even takes you inside a private magazine. It is essential for any newcomer who is interested in getting thier type 54 license. Beside Daves video I would take the PGI shooters course. Both of these is a great place to start. Welcome to PT,BTW..

rodneyp
07-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Excellent, I will get it. Thanks for the help!!!

rodneyp
07-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Ok, I will be doing the show for our lake community every year. The dvd says it is for my personal use of fireworks. If I go through the trouble, wouldn't I be better off to get the full license?

PyroManiacs
07-25-2013, 06:14 PM
The license is only needed to purchase 1.3G.

Some other things involved with putting on a show are; Display Permit and Insurance.

To get a permit, you need to go to your local fire chief and talk to him about it.
Then you need to get insurance since there will be spectators.
etc.

rodneyp
08-06-2013, 05:28 PM
I got Dave's DVD and I am going through it now. One question is, how do I find a 1.3 fireworks dealer near me. Another is the form asks for the state license application number. I assumed this ATF license was first. Am I supposed to get something from my state first (North Carolina)?

rodneyp
08-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Any help would be appreciated.

chris v
08-30-2013, 03:26 AM
Dave if I'm not mistaken isn't north Carolina one of the few states that fireworks are completely illegal something like no sale storage or transport of fireworks through the state is allowed you can still get your ATF license but not be able to store or shoot but I might be wrong

flyjwt
01-26-2014, 12:57 AM
Hi All,

I am a new member seeking the same advice about North Carolina. Does it do any good to get the ATF license in NC? I am seeking to get the required licenses and training to shoot fireworks off on my farm land as a hobby. It appears we have to get a state license from NC department of insurance which requires us to be a lead on 3 shows to get a pyrotechnics operator license. I am only looking to shoot fireworks for fun and not for a business or professionally, does that matter in NC? How does someone go about getting 3 shows under their belt when they can't find anyone or know anyone that does fireworks shows locally? Sorry for all the questions, just looking for someone that may have figured all this out already as it is really confusing what is required to be legal. Thanks for your time.

displayfireworks1
01-26-2014, 01:59 PM
Here is a break down of ATF Fireworks license in North Carolina. You are going to have to do some additional research in your state or in a neighboring state. Perhaps someone in North Carolina will step forward and private message you. If you feel comfortable, you should list a city or close major city in North Carolina near you. As much information you give someone the more they are comfortable helping you.

ATF Fireworks License North Carolina by county
Allegany-2
Bertie-1
Buncombe-2
Burke-1
Caldwell-1
Carteret-1
Cherokee-1
Cleveland-3
Craven-1
Davisdon-2
Gaston-2
Henderson-1
Iredell-2
Macon-1
Mecklenberg-1
Mitchell-1
Montgomery-1
Moore-1
Nash-1
Pitt-1
Randolph-1
Rutherford-1
Wake-4
Watauga-1
http://www.digital-topo-maps.com/county-map/north-carolina-county-map.gif
We teach geography to people outside of United States in addition to talk about fireworks. LOL
http://www.myonlinemaps.com/images/north-carolina-map.gif
You may be located in Crackerjack territory. What county in North Carolina are you from?
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/usa/north-carolina.jpg

flyjwt
01-26-2014, 06:50 PM
Thank you for your response and the geography lesson too lol :) I live in Cabarrus County, NC. I am looking for any leads I can find for a local club or person that knows how to do fireworks in NC legally and safely as a hobbyist. I have found clubs and info for other states but NC seems to be a tough one for some reason. Thanks in advance for all the help.