PDA

View Full Version : Member Overview

welker
03-29-2011, 08:46 PM
hi everyone, im 16 years old and fireworks are a huge part of my life, i save for months befor purchasing and love building finale boards,racks, etc. ive been into fireworks seriously for only 4 years now.

My youtube channel is

http://www.youtube.com/user/welker108?feature=mhum

subscribe.

although i only have 2 videos, there will be more to come.
i love to conversate about different firework topics and always have new questions to ask. this seems like a great forum with great people. hope to get to know alot of people and learn alot of things.

Pyro Nation
03-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Welcome welker. WE all start off somewheres.

welker
03-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Welcome welker. WE all start off somewheres.

haha ofcourse. but i know more then ALOT of people would expect for my age

fatcat
03-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Welker, welcome to the fireworks world. I'm in my mid 60's and still think back to when i was your age and shooting firecrackers and roman candles. It is addictive. Just Be safe and ENJOY

welker
03-29-2011, 09:19 PM
i will i will. but trust me im past the firecracker and roman candle stage, well i ofcourse stil buy them alot to have and mess around with.

jknepp1954
03-30-2011, 06:33 AM
hi welker - Welcome - 16 is young - but as long as you use good common sense that the good Lord gave you and don't do stupid stuff -
Where abouts are you from? I would recommend joining a pyro club if there is one in your area. There you will learn even more.

GAPyro
03-30-2011, 02:47 PM
hey welker
I would recommend looking into a club near you as well. I joined my first pyrotechnics club at 16 and have been going for years ever since! You will learn ALOT from clubs and its always nice to socialize with other pyros :)

pyro man 205
03-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Welcome welker

UniversalPyro
03-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Welcome! Good luck with your stash this year. it doesnt come cheap.

welker
03-30-2011, 09:18 PM
thankyou everyone for the welcome. i am very safe and have commen sence when it comes down to it. i know its NOT cheap. i live in south florida and am not sure of any clubs.

Pyro Nation
03-30-2011, 10:39 PM
I love florida.. I get some product shipped up from there, but cant mention the name of the place..lol

PyroJoeNEPA
03-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Google Florida Pyrotechnic Arts Guild. or FPAG. Someone there can tell you of the club closest to you. Good luck with your search.

welker
03-31-2011, 04:15 PM
I love florida.. I get some product shipped up from there, but cant mention the name of the place..lol

why cant you say the name

Pyro Nation
03-31-2011, 06:43 PM
No name usage if not a advertiser.

Xplosive
04-02-2011, 09:36 PM
What up Welker? We've shot back and forth a few emails on Youtube my screen name is jtmoney454. I sent you a friend request and subscribed! I'm headed to wfboom on Saturday.

PYRO JASON
04-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Welcome ! pyrotechnics and fireworks is an ageless past time and if done responsibly, can be enjoyed without incident. when i do my small neighborhood type shows, i take into account not just the types of fireworks but the wind speed, wind direction, fallout area and other factors.. i always stake down my cakes with 2 1x1's and run tape around the base of them to secure them.. no matter what and no exceptions... even a small 200gm cake can and will do harm if it tips over.. i have been doing fireworks for a very long time and because of what some people say " over kill " safety practices, i am proud to say that i have yet to have an incident related to my fireworks.. it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch.. that quote holds true, especially with fireworks. it just amazes me that some concerned parents won't allow their kids any where near fireworks in general but have no problem handing their kids a hot burning torch with temps ranging from 1800 to 3000 degrees F depending on the composition of oxidizers and fuel used. these are responsible for the vast majority of injuries, cause instant 3rd degree burns, ignite clothing, cause forest fires / grass fires and are legal just about anywhere... some may know them as the common Sparkler.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparkler