PDA

View Full Version : How to make a cherry bomb/m-80 out of little firecrackers?

pryojeffy
07-04-2013, 04:38 PM
So I've tried repeatedly to take the powder from little crackers and make an m80 out of them. Same result every friggin time. Powder fizzles and dies...no BOOM!

I've tried hollowing out an m-80 (the fake ones), and filling it with the powder, then sealing the ends with hot glue and tissue paper - making sure to compact everything as I go. I think put a pin hole in the side and run the fuse through it, and hot glue it down. Wait about 30 minutes for everything to dry...AND NOTHING HAPPENS!:mad:

What am I doing wrong? Maybe the fake M-80 tube can't hold up to the explosion so i just fizzles? Any help is appreciated :)

displayfireworks1
07-04-2013, 05:15 PM
If I was a gambling man I would bet someone named Jeffy is less than 18. I would suggest not to do what you are doing. When you taking apart the small firecrackers you are probably getting the clay plug mixed in with the powder. My advice is to buy some good canister artillery shells like Excalibur, they go up in the air and make a nice loud noise.

PyroManiacs
07-05-2013, 02:51 PM
My advice is to buy some good canister artillery shells like Excalibur, they go up in the air and make a nice loud noise.

Oh man, lol.

pyromustang
07-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Over 100 people come in to the fireworks store every year and ask were to you keep the m-80s and cherry bombs.

PyroJoeNEPA
07-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Over 100 people come in to the fireworks store every year and ask were to you keep the m-80s and cherry bombs.

They are with the unicorns!!!!

RunBang
10-17-2013, 05:47 PM
If I was a gambling man I would bet someone named Jeffy is less than 18. I would suggest not to do what you are doing. When you taking apart the small firecrackers you are probably getting the clay plug mixed in with the powder.

LOL! I made the same mistake when i was 12