PDA

View Full Version : A good reason to get an ATF Type 54 license.

displayfireworks1
07-03-2013, 07:39 AM
What you see here is a perfectly good reason to get an ATF license to use 1.3 fireworks. He can do this show every year. and this would easily be approved by the ATF. I may try to contact this man Craig and help him get his license. I will assume he does not have it based on the product he is using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnRsM4MAXJI
With no official city fireworks display on the schedule, various local organizations have put together their own celebrations.

Southside Christian Church in Bloomington is setting off fireworks for the fifth year in a row on Wednesday, July 3.

“I’d estimate we have about 300 people normally show up – people from the community, friends and family of church members,” and parish member and the show’s pyrotechnician Craig Binkley says. “I would expect with other shows not shooting this year, we’ll probably double that.”

Senior pastor Craig Moore said with crowds expected to be larger than normal, organizers will need to plan accordingly.

“We’ll take some extra steps to try to make sure that we have adequate numbers of people to direct folks and to make parking possible, and do the best we can to host the folks that come,” he says.

The event will begin at 6 p.m. with food, live music and activities for kids. Moore said he is excited to be able to do something for the greater community.

“We want to create an opportunity for families to have a great experience together, to make a memory, to enjoy an evening, to celebrate our country’s history, and to do that in an environment that’s very family friendly,” he says.

But because fireworks displays will be less centralized, the Bloomington Fire Department is warning people to take extra safety precautions.

“With the lack of a local display this year, we might anticipate a slightly larger problem with fireworks,” Fire Prevention Officer Scott Smith says. “Safety is one of the greatest concerns in our community.”

Smith says the only thing the BPD can do is try to educate people about safety standards and be prepared to respond to emergencies.

U.S. hospital emergency rooms treated 9,600 fireworks-related injuries in 2011, according to the National Fire Protection Association. Eight out of nine of those injuries involved legally permissible firework products.

Consumer fireworks are legal to discharge in the state, in addition to sparklers.

The Indiana Department of Homeland Security recommends using a clear, open area when setting off fireworks, keeping audiences a safe distance away from the launching site. Those in close proximity to or operating fireworks are urged to wear safety glasses. DHS also encourages lighting one firework at a time, and never attempting to re-light any “dud” firework items.

Per state law, fireworks may be discharged between 9 a.m. and 12 a.m. on the Fourth of July. Launch sites may include personal property, property of someone who has granted permission, or at community-designated discharge locations.

Several other towns near Bloomington, including Ellettsville and Nashville, will also set off their own fireworks. Bloomington is also celebrating with a parade on the Courthouse Square on July Fourth.

For more information on state fireworks regulations and safety recommendations, visit getprepared.in.gov.

josereyn74
07-08-2013, 10:30 AM
I have gone up to Bloomington, IN for the last 3 years to put on a little show for friends and family, usually at a friends house. Though this year we had the show at a friends farm due to larger than expected numbers of people coming over due to Bloomington not having a fireworks display. Have to say we had close to a hundred people show up...seriously thinking about getting my type 54 license now.