PDA

View Full Version : new rack idea

nrubmx
03-27-2011, 01:04 AM
I was thinking of getting a bunch of 500 gram cakes for my finale this year and quick fusing them by attaching the quick fuse to the visco fuse on the cake, but i thought "what if i took apart all of the cakes so i have a bunch of single shot tubes" then i could put them in any order i want and fuse them at any rate i want. Would this be alright to do?? If it is ok, how should i secure them to something (probably a 2x8 peice of wood). Should i use big zip ties? Or metal wire?

Palermitano2
03-27-2011, 11:36 AM
My feeling is you shouldnt alter any firework product. Its just an opinion ...I have seen videos on how to safley do different things. I just prefer to keep it simple. If you fast fuse to the visco you will have a similar effect...

Pyro Nation
03-27-2011, 02:40 PM
U can do that, but you need to definately know what you are doing. If this is the first time I would suggest being with or talking to someone who has done this before to give ya ideas of what to expect or how to handle items. Many of us have done this I know I have. If ya feel it will be more danger than you should deal with then dont do it

blown2bits
03-28-2011, 02:50 PM
I think your best bet is just to use racks and good quality canister shells for that effect, fusing them on a board is not bad, but taking apart a cake and making them into a rack is not safe, I wouldn't allow it at my shoot site. Not trying to say it wouldn't be a fun experiment, but at a show its a no go.

nrubmx
03-28-2011, 04:17 PM
i have done this with 200 gram cakes, but i have decided to throw out this idea and fuse them regularly and the last hit will be 48 HD CANISTER (from bigs) and excals.

Palermitano2
03-28-2011, 09:38 PM
i have done this with 200 gram cakes, but i have decided to throw out this idea and fuse them regularly and the last hit will be 48 HD CANISTER (from bigs) and excals.

That will be impressive!....and Safer

eldridgejoe
03-28-2011, 10:48 PM
That will be impressive!....and Safer
Experimenting is fun. Part of the hobby. When you do stuff like this though just keep your distance. Remote firing helps.

blowtorch
03-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Also remember that by altering any 1.4g consumer stuff it now becomes 1.3g and if you are not licensed to have, use, or transport 1.3g you can be in big trouble.