PDA

View Full Version : 1.75 inch racks needed for 288 salutes at Kellners Fireworks April 7

displayfireworks1
03-24-2011, 08:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ynVZ2x1R0

Hello everyone

The fireworks season is starting here in United States with all the fireworks demos usually occurring in the month of April. Please visit my sponsor page on pyrotalk.com and check out the websites of my sponsors, most have their demo dates listed.
I will be at Kellners Fireworks demo & open shoot April 7 2011. I will be shooting a case of 1.75 inch 1.3 Titanium Salutes. That is 288 salutes. I only have a 30 shot rack to bring. If you attending the demo please bring as many 1.75 inch racks as you can. This is also your chance to practice your fusing technique because I need help loading and fusing all the salutes. If you have fast fuse please bring it. The plan will be to light all 288 salutes at one time. So if you are attending Kellners Fireworks April 7 you are welcome to participate. Please read the criteria listed on Kellners website for participation in the demo.

Dave displayfireworks1 pyrotalk.com

Kellners Fireworks information
http://kellfire.com/

Need help getting your license to purchase 1.3 fireworks please see my video that walks you through the process.
http://pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

pyromaniac
03-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Count me in for a couple racks! I'm also planning my own little finale! Something like 10 or 15 Boss slice cakes all linked together.:D This will be my first time attending demo night at Kellners, so I'm really counting down the days!

fireworksman74
03-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Its my understanding that anyone can attend the open shoot as long as you only display product purchased from kellners. Am i correct?

BigMO
03-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Dave,
So if we use something greater than a 15 shot rack then we are breaking the law NFPA1123? I am sure you got a soulution to that. So what is the plan. Also you might want to take down the utube video just to get the heat off of you. You are standing next to a 30 rack! Just a friendly heads up!

indianahx
03-27-2011, 12:57 PM
im new to the whole 1.3 aspect, so please dont chew me off for this....but whats the deal with the "code-violating" aspect of the chaining of mortars? i went through the link you posted and found 2.6.1.4........is that what youre referring to? that you cant chain fuse more than 15 in a group off of one ignition when it's 3" or less in diameter?

fireworksman74
03-27-2011, 03:01 PM
thats an easy fix just efire all 288 salutes in 15 salutes chains on allfire

J's12talk
03-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Dave, let me know by April 5th the total number of 10 shot rakes you still need. Try to get others to pitch in, truck space is limited. I I'm ordering a case of 2.5" and 3" salute strings, if you want we can tag some of them on the end of the 1.75" salutes. If you need any other size racks let me know. Later

UniversalPyro
03-27-2011, 10:00 PM
I have 120 shots i could bring. Should be a great night!!!!!

displayfireworks1
03-27-2011, 10:53 PM
It looks like we are slowly getting the rack count up to the 288 salutes in the case. UniversalPyro thanks and please bring all 120. When we get close to the date, and j’12talk we will let you know how many to bring as the date approaches. I better double check my fuse supply because these all need fused together. It should be a fun thing to build and shoot and if someone wants to add more to it that would be great also. Just remember Kellner has a rule it should be his product we are using. We will also need some wood and nails I will bring what I have but if you have some please bring it.
If someone is attending Kellners and wants some practice with the fusing technique please see me and we will put you to work. It sounds like a great learning opportunity. Should make a great video for those of you that will be unable to make it because of geographic limitations.

fireworksman74
03-28-2011, 12:11 AM
DF1,
I dont need fusing practice lord knows ive been doing it over 20 years now but if you need a hand fusing i will assist

Pyro Nation
03-28-2011, 12:15 AM
LOL.. Fireworksman... I have been fusing things for about ohhh..... 15 yrs..lol

pyromaniac
03-28-2011, 01:51 AM
I can donate a 100ft roll of gray fast fuse! I found it for sale once in 100 foot rolls, so I stocked up on it!:D

fireworksman74
03-28-2011, 01:57 AM
we will all meet up at kellners see yall there

jknepp1954
03-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Dave - If i have room in pick up (space will be limited) I can bring a couple fan racks - 1 is a 20 shot fan from Pyro Direct, and one is a 24 sh fan from ATF.
How soon in the day do you need these - as I am not sure when i will be up there?
Joyce

fireworksman74
03-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Dave - If i have room in pick up (space will be limited) I can bring a couple fan racks - 1 is a 20 shot fan from Pyro Direct, and one is a 24 sh fan from ATF.
How soon in the day do you need these - as I am not sure when i will be up there?
Joyce if needed i can pick them up at your store on my way up to Kellners