PDA

View Full Version : Exploding fountains?

fountman
03-23-2011, 08:57 PM
I wonder how many of you have had a fountain "blow up"?
I lit off a small TNT "Peach flower in spring" tonight, and instead of a whistle, the thing blew up loudly, tilted on it's side and then the sparks went sideways.

The post examination show the side completely blown out.

I've had a few other small fountains with whistles do strange things, like a pop and then shoot junk up in the air.

Pyro Nation
03-23-2011, 08:57 PM
I have seen some firework videos of people doing shows and having this happen. So your not the only one

Sky Smasher
03-24-2011, 06:36 PM
I had a New York Harbor Fountain blow up.... distance is your best friend.

Pyro Nation
03-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Exactly Sky, That is why there are distances built in for safety. Like every 1 inch of shell they call for 75 feet, but safe bet is 100 feet.

PyroMonkey
03-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Friend of mine bought a case of 1.3G fountains (don't remember the manufacturer), and have so far lit 4 of them (out of 12). Two of those 4 exploded after burning about 30 seconds. Didn't seem to be damp or anything. I'm glad we tested them before including them in a quiet portion of a show! Will only be using homemade gerbs from now on.

Pyro Nation
03-24-2011, 10:13 PM
I have been curious about the 1.3 Fountains, but haven't bit on them yet. Think I will pass now. Thanks

J's12talk
03-25-2011, 09:22 PM
I wonder how many of you have had a fountain "blow up"?
I lit off a small TNT "Peach flower in spring" tonight, and instead of a whistle, the thing blew up loudly, tilted on it's side and then the sparks went sideways.

The post examination show the side completely blown out.

I've had a few other small fountains with whistles do strange things, like a pop and then shoot junk up in the air.

Whistle mix must be respected, it known to explode if things don't go right. I was talking with a retailer he said he couldn't keep Piccolo Petes on the shelf because the locals were altering them to make go bang. When he told me how and I couldn't believe it. I would like to see the emergency room stats for that area.