PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania/Tri-state area Meetup

Frankiefireworks19
06-04-2013, 01:20 PM
To all my pyrotechnic brethren in the Pennsylvania and CT/NJ/NY area I'm looking to meetup for Thursday, July 4th and bring our shows in one safe area where we will not be disturbed by disgruntled neighbors or police. As many of you know, fireworks are HIGHLY illegal in NY/NJ and even transporting them can have the risk of confiscation. To avoid that, and give all those who live close to Pennsylvania a great independence day and night I wanted to see if anyone had a place to meetup and have an enjoyable night. I'd be bringing over $1,000 of show over just by myself. Thanks so much guys and an EXPLOSIVELY HUGE thanks to Dave for all his hard work on the site.

P.S. Don't mind my "central Florida" location because I'm living in Jersey for business for a few months.

jknepp1954
06-04-2013, 01:23 PM
PA is your ONLY LEGAL Option...Good luck - wished i could come - but we are just "slightly busy..." :)
Now remember - with that you will NEED A PERMIT pulled for show.

Frankiefireworks19
06-04-2013, 01:57 PM
@jknepp I just wanted to tell you that you guys run such a wonderful business and are so personable. Keep up the good work. Now is your store giving out any permits? They seem to be harder to come by this year in PA for whatever reason.

jknepp1954
06-04-2013, 11:18 PM
@jknepp I just wanted to tell you that you guys run such a wonderful business and are so personable. Keep up the good work. Now is your store giving out any permits? They seem to be harder to come by this year in PA for whatever reason.
All of the 70 something stores in Pa give out the APPLICATIONS for the permits. the APPLICATION is on our website on the HOME page. You must see an AHJ to sign and approve the permit - NOT the fireworks store.

matandch
06-05-2013, 07:30 AM
I'm interested in attending and will keep my eyes open for a place to shoot. If you're interested in attracting CT/NJ/NY pyros keep it in the eastern part of the state. Pa is about 300 miles wide from NJ to OH, so if you put it out west you're talking a 5 hr drive from NJ and 7 from CT.

Frankiefireworks19
06-05-2013, 05:47 PM
@Jknepp: I read that each town has their own set of rules and I'd have to go to the clerk of court. That's fine but last year we went to the Drums PA raceway because that's where the store told us to go. This year I don't have a place where I would even ask for the permit. If I have a place then the permit will come second.
@matandch: I live in North Jersey currently so the closer to the boarder of Jersey the better. I agree with you. I also PM'd you.

jknepp1954
06-05-2013, 09:25 PM
@Jknepp: I read that each town has their own set of rules and I'd have to go to the clerk of court. That's fine but last year we went to the Drums PA raceway because that's where the store told us to go. This year I don't have a place where I would even ask for the permit. If I have a place then the permit will come second.
@matandch: I live in North Jersey currently so the closer to the boarder of Jersey the better. I agree with you. I also PM'd you.
True - each town/city/twp does have their own set of rules.
Clerk of Court? :confused: :confused: First I heard of that one.
here is a link - follow it and then click onto the PA title 35 link - that will bring up the law.
http://pittsburgh.about.com/b/2012/06/30/pennsylvania-fireworks-law.htm
Then go to SS1273 and SS1275.2
If you have any other questions either call me or pm me

Frankiefireworks19
06-05-2013, 10:01 PM
As always you are a true help. I thank you for taking the time out.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-06-2013, 08:47 AM
The Clerk of Court is a County Office....I don't see how he would be able to help you in this instance. You want to seek out the Township Supervisor [AHJ--Authority Having Jurisdiction--like Joyce said] of the location you are looking to shoot in. Also, get in touch with the local Fire Department Chief--he can/may be a big help in getting your permit & site approved and putting you in touch with the supervisor. Good luck & keep us posted on your progress!

Frankiefireworks19
06-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Again guys the advice is GREATLY appreciated. But I live in Jersey. I don't have a place in PA where I'd even ask. That's my current problem. I need a place where I'm welcome (soccer filed, someones back yard, or something) and then when I know where I WANT to shoot, I'll ask THAT towns chief and AHJ. I'm also surprised more people don't want to meet up for this. Hmmm.. I guess many plans have already been made.

jknepp1954
06-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Again guys the advice is GREATLY appreciated. But I live in Jersey. I don't have a place in PA where I'd even ask. That's my current problem. I need a place where I'm welcome (soccer filed, someones back yard, or something) and then when I know where I WANT to shoot, I'll ask THAT towns chief and AHJ. I'm also surprised more people don't want to meet up for this. Hmmm.. I guess many plans have already been made
That is probably pretty much it in a nutshell - either folks already have their own plans made. Many on here also work professionally for other companies - so they are over extended work load as well - doing like 6 shows in 3 days, etc. Good luck though - maybe like the weekend or 2 after the 4th? give it some thought...

PyroManiacs
06-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Exactly. I think Im on 6 shows over the whole week of the 4th. Going to be nutts.

matandch
06-06-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm a small drop and light guy: no big shows to work, don't own a display company or a store, don't sell fireworks in any way, shape or form. If we can come up with a place, I'm with you on celebrating the 4th with some small grass roots pyros.

Frankiefireworks19
06-06-2013, 08:41 PM
I understand everyone. Well the invite still applies. I know it'll be great!

PyroManiacs
06-06-2013, 09:45 PM
I would be happy to try and attend if it could be after that crazy week.

displayfireworks1
06-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Anyone that can not find a place to shoot their fireworks is free to bring them to my annual Sportsman Club shoot at the end of August. We can add you into the display.

Frankiefireworks19
06-06-2013, 10:49 PM
@PyroManicc1981: We would love to have you, however the group I established already has chosen the 4th to be our actual date. Sorry about that.
@Dave: As I mentioned above we have a pre set dat, but thanks so much for the offer. I'd love to come anyways.

matandch
06-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Any luck on getting a site lined up yet? I'm still looking.

Frankiefireworks19
06-11-2013, 09:10 AM
No luck yet. Still "waiting". sigh...........

matandch
06-11-2013, 01:00 PM
No luck yet. Still "waiting". sigh...........

I know, it's a bummer not to have anywhere, even in easy Pa, to light off some stuff on the 4th. I guess I'll be watching the Macy's Show for the 1st time. I never really watched it before, so maybe it will be fun anyway. LOL!

Frankiefireworks19
06-11-2013, 02:13 PM
I know, it's a bummer not to have anywhere, even in easy Pa, to light off some stuff on the 4th. I guess I'll be watching the Macy's Show for the 1st time. I never really watched it before, so maybe it will be fun anyway. LOL!

Don't talk like that! Lol. We will have a place.

PYRO321
06-26-2013, 04:49 PM
This july 6th which is a sat. we are doing a bbq in Pa around stroudsburg area we got a hugh place to shoot and water right behind us with a bunch of pipe liners' donating that work there and we got a dj for music good food and a good crowd coming and more every min. . I don't think i will have enough fireworks' to do a good finale i'm kinda worried this is first time i'm doing this bbq and only class C so far unless i can get someone to bring in some class B for the finale hint hint Dave LOL.

But anyone who would like to come and add their stuff to the show is welcome i got 200 mortar tubes so far and they are all filled so any shell's you going to have to either bring your own racks' or reload.

matandch
12-06-2013, 03:17 PM
How about a place in NEPA for some drop and light on NYE then?

qrich112
06-26-2014, 09:59 AM
I'm so annoyed I can't find quarter sticks around anymore

PyroManiacs
06-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Mainly because they are illegal explosive devices.

matandch
06-26-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm so annoyed I can't find quarter sticks around anymore
WTF does this have to do with this out dated conversation?

If you want to come to this year's meet contact me off list. Class C only! No quarter sticks allowed!

displayfireworks1
06-26-2014, 09:45 PM
Don't get too excited about this guy posting quarter stick stuff, you have to expect that sort of thing this time of year. Speaking of quarter sticks I remember back in the 70's when M-80 finally disappeared, that's when these monster ground salutes started to appear.
That guy is up at bat, he has two strikes, we will see how he does with the next pitch.

PyroManiacs
06-26-2014, 11:31 PM
That guy is up at bat, he has two strikes, we will see how he does with the next pitch.

lol, Im waitin to see it!