PDA

View Full Version : Dream Job

BigBang87
03-21-2011, 11:56 PM
I am hoping someone on this forum can help me out,

I’m looking for a job in the fireworks industry, I have shot fireworks most of my life and I also have obtained my ATF license. I am a college graduate of The Pennsylvania State University with 3 degrees in Business and Marketing. I am looking for something more that a shooter that would utilize my education, so if any one has any information you can give me or know of any openings any where, that would be great! Feel free to Private Message me any time.

Also I’m considering stating my own 1.4 retail business , I know there are licenses you must have but other than that I’m not sure what all you need to do and have so any one can feel me in I would appreciate it. I am also thinking of a 1.3 shooting business, now I know there are a LOT more regulations with storage and insurance so is it worth it? Im in PA and the business would be as well if thats helps or hurts lol. Thanks everyone!

shellshocker
03-22-2011, 06:03 AM
Wow dude, if you have 3 degrees you better start with having someone proof read your resume.

Pyro Nation
03-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Well, 1.4 from my understanding really is not too bad to start up.... Storage is not a issue except just need some land. I know Plenty of firework stores that have storage around houses. So, no where near the 1.3 issues... Just find a supplier to get from, research the area. Ofcourse you know all that with the business end with your degree.

Now the 1.3, well that can be painful. Same path of 1.4 , but more ATF involvement. U can choose to buy from someone like Lynch's or go direct from China. Which I know some companies will help you do this... Just remember Insurance cost and that end of the deal.

BigBang87
03-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Well, 1.4 from my understanding really is not too bad to start up.... Storage is not a issue except just need some land. I know Plenty of firework stores that have storage around houses. So, no where near the 1.3 issues... Just find a supplier to get from, research the area. Ofcourse you know all that with the business end with your degree.

Now the 1.3, well that can be painful. Same path of 1.4 , but more ATF involvement. U can choose to buy from someone like Lynch's or go direct from China. Which I know some companies will help you do this... Just remember Insurance cost and that end of the deal.

Pyrolifflc your great,
Thanks for your help!!! I think 1.4 is the way to go....atleast at first untill I can get a better hold on what all needs to be done for 1.3, I know it is much-much more of a pain than 1.4. I already have a few places to get 1.4 so that would be one less thing to think about + the easy storage.