PDA

View Full Version : another fusing question with cakes

rtx440
05-23-2013, 03:05 AM
I know this may have been discussed but. And im prob dumb for asking. I already done some research i just wana get more input . For example Say I want to fuse 30+ cakes together to light one after another. How do u plan it out So soon as one cake ends the next starts. I know the average cake is about 30 seconds long give or take. And i have all different kind of fuse. I got some that burns 30 seconds per foot, so saying that the average cake is 30 seconds long and my fuse burns 30 seconds per foot, i would want to fuse them 1 cake for every foot of fuse? ?? ? ?........ 2nd question, not every cake is 30 seconds Long. So am i to just guess? I have been doing fireworks for years. Thousands and thousands of dollars worth But i always hand lite one by one, lat years show was 2 hours. So ive been doing some research On fusing and i purchased a remote firing system this year as well and wana try a different way this year. Thanks to all who can help

hollywood1
05-23-2013, 08:32 AM
hi the way that I time the cakes we use if they are consumer cakes is by doing a lot of video watching if you have the model you want to use . The manufacturer's usually will list the duration times per cake on the consumer packaging. If not they normally show them on their products on you tube or on vimeo another internet video channel. That way I can tell how long each cake will burn so I have a rough idea o the lead time to the next cake. I have seen some people use electric match and place them directly into the first morter tube on each cake, essentially bypassing the visco but id say that's a lot riskier. As for the electronic firing I have used that system a couple of years and its well worth the investment and safety is greatly increased. Not to mention its easier to maneuver around if there is any issues. and lastly Ive seen a product called fuse connx that are a 4 way visco connector that allow branching out in 4 directions per connection with almost and size fuse from thin visco to cannon fuse thickness. they just overlap inside a snap together case that divides 4 directions and are available online hope this helps.

crackerbomb
05-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Check out Daves video of the fireworks in the medow. Look at the 11:20 mark of the video. I would make sure your fuse doesn't light from another tube being shot off. So run your fuse in the direction of the shots being fired. You will be able to see the direction of travel when you cut the paper off of the top of the cake. Use a flashlight to follow the fuse at the bottom of the tubes. Just my two cents.