PDA

View Full Version : Flash Powder Mixer

displayfireworks1
04-25-2013, 01:11 AM
This video popped up on my YouTube channel. It appears the poster is from Poland, I am not sure what my opinion on it is. What surprises me is with all the good firecrackers you can purchase in Poland why make them. LOL
Ten film pojawił się na moim kanale YouTube. Wydaje się, plakat jest z Polski, nie jestem pewien, co moim zdaniem na nim jest. Dziwi mnie to, ze wszystkich petard dobrych można kupić w Polsce, dlaczego jedno z nich. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ynGAFOGBYc

PyroJoeNEPA
04-25-2013, 10:36 AM
I give him points for designing & building a very nice piece of equipment--but not for using it to mix flash. Also note there is no off/on switch--he just pulled the plug out of the wall...a potential spark source especially since there is current flowing when doing so.

smilli
04-25-2013, 10:38 AM
That was the first thing that came in my mind, isn't this a dangerous way of mixing flash due to electronic ignition?

killer57
04-25-2013, 08:08 PM
That was the first thing that came in my mind, isn't this a dangerous way of mixing flash due to electronic ignition?

along with doing in the kitchen! :(

Chris H
05-01-2013, 01:10 AM
Mixers to make flash or whistle are a dangerous idea in general. His implementation is awful on many levels. At least when he mysteriously stops posting videos, we'll have a good idea why.

chris v
05-01-2013, 01:56 AM
I agree Chris it is stupid to make anything pyro related out if steel or with an open electronic motor which could produce sparks

eldridgejoe
05-01-2013, 03:36 PM
That is a brushed motor, Nothing but static and all sorts of potential chaos. There are sparks in real time all the time that is on as well as plugging it in and unplugging. I am hoping he knows something I don't know and doesn't parish.