PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 Racks

indianahx
03-20-2011, 08:44 PM
I know there was a thread posted about wanting to visually see others' racks, but i have a question pertainging to just racks themselves. if you would like to add a picture of yours, i would be glad to see them for reference.

Basically was thinking today about making some racks for 2, 2.5, or 3" shells....was tossing around the idea of having them angled. However, most of the pictures I have seen typically are just vertically standing or lined. I have seen the larger tubes buried in the ground and angled, and that seems to me perfectlly safe/normal. But I have not seen any of the smaller shell sizes in any sort of angled/fanned arrangement.

What's the opinion on this, and if you have any would you mind posting a picture or two?

My overall assumption on this was that I already have a ton of 1.4 mortars in a combination of vertical and fanned. And being that I am new to 1.3 and wont be going ridiculously crazy with the bigger shells right off the bat, I was only going to gradually build the number of mortars up for the larger shells and figured if i could fan out the few that i would have i could get more of a spread in the air instead of just having the 2 to 3" shells going straight up. just a thought. feedback welcome.

Pyro Nation
03-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Well, me personally. I always use 1.3 straight up. Due to safety zone. If i know they are going straight up and depending on winds I have a general Idea of a fallout zone. Easier to "control" so to say. Now there is 1.75" 1.3 shells coming out that I have seen video for. They are not bad. I know the bigger shells are nice, but if space is a issue the 1.75 will be nice