PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Austin, TX

gyrotech
04-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi everyone.

I'm brand new around here and while I've been lighting fireworks forever, I've always been the typical "visit the stand the day of the shoot" type of user. After spending a little more time on New Years Eve, I had a ball trying to put together something a little more interesting, but I didn't really plan it well, and basically judged everything on price. After that, I decided I would plan and put on a better show on July 4th. That's what led me here.

Well, after a bit of lurking, I'm ready to jump in. I'm definitely interested in learning how does a newbie put on their first show. Are there some basic recipes to a first show? I'd love to know how others got started.

I'm looking for any advice. This looks like a great forum and I hope to learn a lot!

displayfireworks1
04-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the forums, now is a great time to think about fireworks, since you sound relatively new to advanced fireworks techniques, check out some of my videos about wireless fireworks firing systems and fusing techniques. Also, consider some of the fireworks companies advertising on my website are shipping fireworks all over the country. Depending on what your budget is this may be an option for you. All that will come in time.

westcoastpyro
04-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Welcome to the forum, you will find some great info on this site as I have and the videos are great. A note about buying and shipping pyro, Do your home work most companies can ship to most states what you want to know is can you pick it up legally and what permits Ect You need to do so. As you will find out you own it once it goes on the truck so if you have trouble on your end its on you not the shipper. I got lucky and the company asked about it before just taking my money and shipping to me (not all will do that) if they had not done this I could have been out over 3k in pyro and had other issues.

fatcat
04-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Gyrotech. There is a lot of good info here. The two previous posts gave you some great info. I'd only add that you mentioned about putting on a good first show. I am assuming that you would be hand firing so I would suggest that you stick with cakes and fountains and stay away from reloadables unless you have some racks. A good show is where you can always keep something in the air and keep the audience's interest. Don't try too make it too long, as it wears the lookers out. I personally try for a 10-15 minute show and it seems to work out well. Just my 2 cents. Once again, welcome aboard